V reg s3 rust

peakey

Reaction score
Hi all iv noticed that the paint on the roof on the s3 is starting to bubble near to the roof runners (if thats what there called) was wondering if this is covered by this 12 years paint thing that everyones talking about. If so how do i go about working the problem with Audi ( i dont have much luck with main dealers)

Thanks all

Take it to your local dealer and explain that you think you have a claim against the 12 year anti-corrosion warranty. They will say either yay or ney. Ensure the area is clean etc so they can't say its a paint defect as that's only 5 years.

Mine was an early 1999 T reg S3, and I got the warranty work done a few months ago.... I only have 54k on the odo also though.

Been to audi today the bloke there said it not a prob he will phone me Monday with a booking date. He told me to have a good look round the car for anything else that seems to be going the same way. As i want to be ready for audi to push me back on the work dose anyone have a few pointers for me?? I WANNA GO ALL THE WAY AND GET A FULL RESPAY FROM THEM (Audi make enough from us)

What will Audi do with my car just repair the rust spot or do they have to spray the whole roof. (iv got a few good scratches on the roof)

If they do it properly they will do the whole roof but.... they may try and repair the offending areas and blend the paint in. If they do this you will probably be able to tell

I have this on mine, but, its not orgianl paint, is this a problem, i work at Audi sometimes, so know the service manager, think this will help??

The guy who checked mine over had a wee probe kinda thing to check the thickness of the paint. This is to check whether or not it had been painted since leaving the factory. I would imagine if you could get the service manager to say that the paint thickness is within the tolerances on the form he fills out then there shouldnt be a problem. I was told though that sometimes the send out an inspector from Audi to double check.
It may depend on where the repair was carried out. If it was done at an Audi approved garage you would think the warranty would still be valid? Although I bet they will say otherwise.

T11OM F said:
I have this on mine, but, its not orgianl paint, is this a problem, i work at Audi sometimes, so know the service manager, think this will help??

I have had literally the whole right hand side of my car resprayed(carkeyed the whole length!) prior to making the claim on my car. I informed the warranty manager of it also, but the bubbling was on the otherside of the car, so he was happy with it. They decided to respray the whole roof, replace the 2 gutter trims and the whole left side quarter panel as precaution, to stop it from coming ack, so I was prety chuffed. :)