S3 Front Speakers

Pat

Reaction score
Quick question.. I know the front speakers on the s3 are 4".. I have a set of good quality 5 1/4" kicking about.. will they fit..
I just measured the depth and there just over 50mm..

Any advice welcome..

they should fit in, iirc you can get away with a speaker with 55 - 60mm mounting depth. you will need adaptor plates for it.

I have just taken off the passenger door card.. what a poxy speaker it is.. Just need to get an adapter for the bigger items..

I need to change my front speakers, what should I buy as I have the Bose System?

Anything I should bare in mind to make the most of the sound//

i would buy focal polyglass slim they are expensive but probably the best you can get that will go straight in! other wise you could buy adapters like i have for my car and fit 6" in the front!
DSCN0012.jpg

AudiSport said:
I need to change my front speakers, what should I buy as I have the Bose System?

Anything I should bare in mind to make the most of the sound//
Yes, unless you are going with proper door builds like Ed's above then there is very little improvement to be gained as the stock speakers are mounted to the flimsiest of door cards, which are loosely clipped to the front doors.
So don't spend a fortune on the front components.
If you need to replace the Bose units because they're knackered then fairplay, but if you are looking for an improvement in quality then you'd be better starting with a sub upgrade.