95 octane with AMD Remap

Mark_Eire

Drive it straight sideways!!
Reaction score
Alright lads? My S3 has been Remapped by AMD to 250bhp. This was done before I bought the car in the UK. I've brought the car to Ireland where at the moment it's virtually impossible to get anything other than 95 octane petrol which is a nightmare!!! I'm just wondering would I be best getting a standard ECU for now as one of the fuel companies is bringing out 99 octane fuel in the next few months.... at last!!! I dont want to destroy my engine as it was always run on 97/98 octane in UK..... HELP!

AmD Stage 1 remap is not tailored for high octane fuel when I asked, it will run perfectly with normal 95RON fuel, maybe with a few horses short.... The ECU will adapt to the fuel you use anyway.

Thanks mate. Was just worried in case I was doing damage... sometimes it feels like its not running as smooth as it should!!

Mark_Eire said:
Thanks mate. Was just worried in case I was doing damage... sometimes it feels like its not running as smooth as it should!!

It should be smooth with whatever fuel you are running, if it doesn't rev smoothly all the way to the red line, maybe get your MAF sensor checked out?