Q7 Strange 2013 spec

installer69

Reaction score
My daughter has just picked up an early 2013 Q7 4L 3.0 SE and firstly it doesn’t have a power tailgate / boot lid (we’re in the U.K.) and secondly it doesn’t have navigation. I’m also not sure what MMI it has due to the strange software version BBT_EU_P0054_D1
Is it possible to activate or add navigation? I’d buy a CarPlay interface but I’m not sure which MMI it is to know which one to order.
Thanks in advance. Still no luck fixing the water leak on her 2011 one which does have navigation and power boot lid!

You should have a spec sticker usually located in the boot floor near the spare tyre or possibly in your service manual stuck on in the inside page - worth pasting that here to find an exact spec of that car.

However I don't think it is a strange spec. The SE was the base spec and looking around on brochures for that era + various review sites, I can see the Power tailgate only became available in the s-line plus edition/trim. Navigation (hard-disc based) also was not standard for SE spec but was in the s-line plus - obviously most things could have been then added for a fee/additional option.

I'll let someone else chime in on adding navigation but I would probably not bother - it is an old MMI and the screen resolution from memory is very poor too. I also doubt maps are updated any longer for that era though could be wrong.

PM me the VIN - I can check the full build info.

The data sticker only tells you half the story.