3.2 V6 2005 - Engine Sputtering and Stalling Issues

DoubleMFR

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm seeking some insights or advice regarding a recent issue with my 2005 Audi A3 3.2 V6 DSG, currently at 162,000 km (the car hasn't been driven for two years, there have been a few starts here and there but that's all..) The car has been reprogrammed to run 100% on ethanol prior to the 2 years "pause".I got the car back 6 days ago and everything was running smoothly until 3 days ago, when the EPC light flashed on twice very briefly (about 10 seconds each time) and then turned off.

Later that day, after visiting a friend and while the engine was still warm, I tried to start the car and immediately noticed the engine making misfire-like sounds. The idle was fluctuating for about 5 seconds before the RPMs dropped to zero, and the car shut down without any warning lights (engine, ESP, battery, etc.). =>
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/HqOSZJdfZlk?si=VymP5F9B72ggTOiX

Upon inspecting the engine, I noticed that the Audi logo had detached from the engine and part of the airbox had come loose, likely due to vibrations. After re-securing the airbox, I tried to restart the car, but encountered the same issue of sputtering then stalling.

The car starts but stalls either immediately or when I try to engage a gear. I also heard a whistling sound when accelerating, akin to a turbo's "pssssit" located at the end of the intake, close to the engine.

Somehow, I managed to drive about 800 meters, but then the car stalled in the middle of the road and did the same misfire-stalling thing.

The car is scheduled for a garage visit in the next day or two, but I wanted to get your thoughts in the meantime. Have any of you experienced similar issues? What was the cause? I’m considering possible problems with the injectors or fuel pump, but I’m seeing a variety of potential issues online, so I’m unsure about the potential repair costs.

Unfortunately, I don't have diagnostic tools to check further myself.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you might have!

Little update : Had the garage yesterday on a phone call from what they say the problem come from the fuel pump...