At the end of the pcp term, do Audi give you the equity after the gfv is cleared?

Jason1987

Reaction score
Or do they just take the whole car as you don’t technically own it? So do I need to sell the car elsewhere a month or so before the term ends to get the equity?

Or do they just take the whole car as you don’t technically own it? So do I need to sell the car elsewhere a month or so before the term ends to get the equity?
Get a settlement figure beforehand, anything above that in the sale is yours.

Get a settlement figure beforehand, anything above that in the sale is yours.
I just wasn’t sure whether they make you just hand it back or pay the baloon payment. I didn’t think they’d give you equity unless you sold it?

I just wasn’t sure whether they make you just hand it back or pay the baloon payment. I didn’t think they’d give you equity unless you sold it?
If you trade it in they will transfer the equity across to a new one - If you're just settling then you just settle the figure and keep the car

If you trade it in they will transfer the equity across to a new one - If you're just settling then you just settle the figure and keep the car
I mean if I’m not trading and want to give it back and have the equity. For example if I sold it to wbac, I’d prob have a bit left over once the clear the finance/gfv figure. If I give it back to Audi at the end of the 3 years, will they give me the equity left over after what’s owed?

I mean if I’m not trading and want to give it back and have the equity. For example if I sold it to wbac, I’d prob have a bit left over once the clear the finance/gfv figure. If I give it back to Audi at the end of the 3 years, will they give me the equity left over after what’s owed?
Well yes they will offer an amount to buy it off you and if it exceeds the settlement figure then they will give you the difference, I sold a car back to them once - If it's worth less than the settlement figure then the GFV should kick in

Well yes they will offer an amount to buy it off you and if it exceeds the settlement figure then they will give you the difference, I sold a car back to them once - If it's worth less than the settlement figure then the GFV should kick in
Ah that’s ok then. Was worried you had to just give them the car back unless you pay the gfv and keep it

Ah that’s ok then. Was worried you had to just give them the car back unless you pay the gfv and keep it
No you’ll have to clear what the settlement figure is though - GFV only kicks in if negative equity as far as I understood it