S3 - does the exhaust valve sometimes glitch and not open on a journey?

Jason1987

Reaction score
I just popped out and I had it in dynamic and individual modes with sound on pronounced like I always have it but I couldn’t hear any thuds or bass sounds from the exhaust like normal. I got home, put it in park and revved and it sounded back to normal. Does this happen sometimes?

Just checked again and my valves are opening and closing as I can hear the difference when revving but it seems I’m not getting the thud sound from the exhaust when shifting anymore, anyone else have that happen? Maybe it’s the fuel mix in the engine and it doesn’t always do it? Or weather etc?

Just checked again and my valves are opening and closing as I can hear the difference when revving but it seems I’m not getting the thud sound from the exhaust when shifting anymore, anyone else have that happen? Maybe it’s the fuel mix in the engine and it doesn’t always do it? Or weather etc?
8y does not have the DSG upshift farts that the 8v did.

Guess it is, then it's a software bug when it doesn't sound :tearsofjoy:

What actually is it that stops the 8y dsg farts? As if its for emissions, how come the golf r still farts? Why did they stop the 8y sound

my S3 saloon 8y does it when in sport while in dynamic mode, defo not as pronounced as the 8v though

my S3 saloon 8y does it when in sport while in dynamic mode, defo not as pronounced as the 8v though
Is there a point where it does it? I don’t think it does it when flat out shifting. Maybe at half throttle at like 4k?