Audi S3 8Y Facelift UK Configurator open

Wireshark

Reaction score
The UK audi s3 configurator is now open, it seems if you do black edition with tech pack pro you will get the round wheel / same for vorsprung.

The Akraprovic exhaust comes in at 4,125.00 GBP when searching and comes under "Performance exhaust system"

All in all seems a fully loaded s3 Vorsprung is:

RRP£54,940.00
OTR1£57,420.00

Seems a bit much for an s3, whats everyones opinion on the configurator / choices we have recieved in the UK?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Very poor compared to german config, poor wheel options and no flat bottom wheel unless you have no tech. Overall dissapointed

I was considering getting it before the rs3 facelift came out but there’s just no way I can justify the price with such limited customisation. I thought the black edition / with the tech pro pack would be with the flat bottom steering wheel but only way is if you have no tech like you said. Don’t think a lot of people will be buying these as such prices. No seat options either. Disappointed indeed.

Massively disappointed here another s£$t show of a configurator for the UK
No design pack / coloured stitching for the interior
No front S3 badge
Lack of wheel options / one being from the pfl
The colour choices aren't anything to write home about either
and the prices are a joke .

Reactions: 8YARWY
No front S3 badge
Completely agree and there’s literally no point even choosing black edition + pro pack you might as well just get Vorsprung. If this is what the facelift rs3 is gonna be like then I think il be moving over to merc

Reactions: Mr Freeze
No front S3 badge
pile of bullcrap mate, the uk Audi options / prices are laughable.

RS3 facelift will be no different.

Completely agree and there’s literally no point even choosing black edition + pro pack you might as well just get Vorsprung. If this is what the facelift rs3 is gonna be like then I think il be moving over to merc
What is the difference between the Black edition with tech pack v Vorsprung
there doesn't seem to be much ?

pile of bullcrap mate, the uk Audi options / prices are laughable.

RS3 facelift will be no different.
I thought Audi uk might of listened to its customers after all the moaning about lack of options on the pfl

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
What is the difference between the Black edition with tech pack v Vorsprung
there doesn't seem to be much ?
I think it’s like head up display I didn’t even notice 360 camera? Think only reverse cam, so PFL black edition gets 360 camera and this doesn’t???? Laughable.

I think it’s like head up display I didn’t even notice 360 camera? Think only reverse cam, so PFL black edition gets 360 camera and this doesn’t???? Laughable.
I'am baffled I can't get my head around it .

Reactions: 8YARWY
I'am baffled I can't get my head around it .
There’s no way this is a nearly 53k car

IMG 5847IMG 5846

For that price you can pick up an ex demonstrator a45s facelift, albeit not new but still charing 52k for an s3 is ridiculous, it reminds me of the new prices of the a35h facelift.
You can get an A35h with low miles for around 35/36k now

Was originally set on one of these but the lack of wheel options / flat steering wheel is poor.
Managed a good deal on a nearly new S3 8Y, black edition glacier white with tech pack pro. That will do me nicely. With actual decent badges as well.

Be interesting to see the RS3 facelift config but not holding my breath...

Why is Audi UK always so poor? The German and Irish configurators were much better.

Last edited:
It’s been said above and a thousand times elsewhere, but there is nothing so depressing as checking out the Audi German configurator and then checking Audi UK. Wheel choice, seat stitching, it really is a load of rubbish.

difference between Black Edition with Tech Pack v Vorsprung is £2,495 (if my sums are correct)

As far as I can tell, the only differences are that Vorsprung has added:

adaptive dampers (which on RS3 were £960)
carbon mirrors
audi Beam (puddle lights saying Vorsprung)
Carbon Atlas inlays
there is also some of the assistance systems but it’s a bit of a con as some parts are already standard.

Flat bottom steering wheel versus full round wheel. that’s already been done to death when RS3 came out.

as they say… it’s the hope that kills you. I now hold out that RS3 facelift gets interior design pack option of red stitching….not that I’ll be able to afford one:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The UK audi s3 configurator is now open, it seems if you do black edition with tech pack pro you will get the round wheel / same for vorsprung.

The Akraprovic exhaust comes in at 4,125.00 GBP when searching and comes under "Performance exhaust system"

All in all seems a fully loaded s3 Vorsprung is:

RRP£54,940.00
OTR1£57,420.00

Seems a bit much for an s3, whats everyones opinion on the configurator / choices we have recieved in the UK?
pS fair play for tracking Akrapovic exhaust done….I even thought Audi UK we’re going on refuse to option that exhaust as I’ve not found it

After a brief (and disappointing) look at the S3 configurator yesterday, i see that it’s now offline, and so is the finance calculator. Let’s hope they’re making some improvements.

Very disappointing the lack of choice options compared to the German website. And the ££££ is a shocker. Still very likely to order one though :laughing:

Reactions: stan1000
It’s been said above and a thousand times elsewhere, but there is nothing so depressing as checking out the Audi German configurator and then checking Audi UK. Wheel choice, seat stitching, it really is a load of rubbish.

difference between Black Edition with Tech Pack v Vorsprung is £2,495 (if my sums are correct)

As far as I can tell, the only differences are that Vorsprung has added:

adaptive dampers (which on RS3 were £960)
carbon mirrors
audi Beam (puddle lights saying Vorsprung)
Carbon Atlas inlays
there is also some of the assistance systems but it’s a bit of a con as some parts are already standard.

Flat bottom steering wheel versus full round wheel. that’s already been done to death when RS3 came out.

as they say… it’s the hope that kills you. I now hold out that RS3 facelift gets interior design pack option of red stitching….not that I’ll be able to afford one:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Is the steering wheel in the right place on the Uk configurator?
Audi Ireland hasn’t bothered to fix this yet

Drive comfortably it says

Attachments

• IMG_0525.jpeg
    IMG_0525.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 67
Not been on the FL 8Y configurator given the price I never will,but I'd just like to say The 8Y was never the best looking A3/S3 and l thought Audi would have tried to correct this,but *** they've actually gone and made the car IMHO ugly the front from every angle looks heavy and ungainly,out of proportion,Audi, it seems to me think adding even fancier lighting in those oversized headlights will be enough to hide the fooking ugly front end,the angular dashboard design is already beginning to look dated alongside that centre console gimme a Golf 8 FL enough said

• Haha
Reactions: pburv and 8YARWY
Not been on the FL 8Y configurator given the price I never will,but I'd just like to say The 8Y was never the best looking A3/S3 and l thought Audi would have tried to correct this,but *** they've actually gone and made the car IMHO ugly the front from every angle looks heavy and ungainly,out of proportion,Audi, it seems to me think adding even fancier lighting in those oversized headlights will be enough to hide the fooking ugly front end,the angular dashboard design is already beginning to look dated alongside that centre console gimme a Golf 8 FL enough said
It actually looks worse
IMG 5936IMG 5937

Reactions: Jassyo06
I really do like the looks of the 8Y - the original design. Same goes with Q8. Haven't seen the facelifted version of either in real life yet but I see similar problems in the pictures of both. I don't get the new front styling details Audi's been using lately. Instead of being sharp and snappy they look odd and molten. Not literally ugly, but definitely not as good as the original designs.

One of the usual problems in car facelifts is that new design features are compulsively forced in even though they don't flow well with the remaining parts. The result may look newer and sometimes even better than the original but still less cohesive. At worst it's like there's two different cars trying to be one. (BMW these days have succeeded to make even the all-new models look like that...)

I really do like the looks of the 8Y - the original design. Same goes with Q8. Haven't seen the facelifted version of either in real life yet but I see similar problems in the pictures of both. I don't get the new front styling details Audi's been using lately. Instead of being sharp and snappy they look odd and molten. Not literally ugly, but definitely not as good as the original designs.

One of the usual problems in car facelifts is that new design features are compulsively forced in even though they don't flow well with the remaining parts. The result may look newer and sometimes even better than the original but still less cohesive. At worst it's like there's two different cars trying to be one. (BMW these days have succeeded to make even the all-new models look like that...)
Hence this section of the forum is nowhere near as popular as it once was...all down to the exterior design and the interior design and most of all cost cutting by Audi

Reactions: pburv, 8YARWY, George Jetson and 1 other person
Hence this section of the forum is nowhere near as popular as it once was...all down to the exterior design and the interior design and most of all cost cutting by Audi
Worst Facelift of a car I’ve ever seen.
FL 8V was the nicest uplift Audi ever did.

Charge more for less too

Charge more for less too
Can't say I've seen a single person say they have ordered one on here either

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY

Charge more for less too
How about previous gen BMW 7 series facelift? Never forget the shock when I first saw the pictures. There I got the point though, the original one was totally invisible.

The facelift for 8V basic model was very nice but I never liked the S-line front with the double chin at all. I think C7 A6 facelift was subtle but made already good design even better. Also the interior quality there was phenomenal.

When I saw the comparison pic you posted my first thought was like "no, this is wrong" but the more I look at the FL the more I kind of feel accepting it. Got to see it in the flesh to decide. Looks like that could happen next week.

I missed who that was ?

I'am hoping it looks better when I see it person
Threw shade at me on several threads because I didn’t swoon at the 8Y RS3 and I’ve actually owned one…..
Also didn’t like me commenting on the Facelift 8Y, didn’t like me posting a video of the FL Cupra Formentor which in MY opinion looks a nicer car than any facelift S3.

• Haha
Reactions: HereWeGo, George Jetson and Mr Freeze
Threw shade at me on several threads because I didn’t swoon at the 8Y RS3 and I’ve actually owned one…..
Also didn’t like me commenting on the Facelift 8Y, didn’t like me posting a video of the FL Cupra Formentor which in MY opinion looks a nicer car than any facelift S3.
I know who you mean now :laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY and George Jetson
Well I’m considering one.

I’m currently running a 2015 TTS (garaged) plus a 2016 Golf GTD and 2013 T5 camper van (kept on street). So they’re 8-11 years old, and with no realistic EV charging options other than public chargers, I’m thinking of a “last ICE” brand new purchase. This next car would replace the TTS, while in time the GTD would become a basic runabout as our kids approach driving age.

The shortlist is currently a new S3 in Vorsprung trim with Akrapovic, upcoming Golf R facelift or RS3 facelift. While obviously a step up on historic prices at £51k after discounts, it’s likely cheaper and better spec’d than the R. My guess is that a Vorsprung spec RS3 in a colour I want would touch on £70k. Non-VAG equivalents aren’t clearly cheaper either.

The S3’s green paint is certainly a draw for me as it’d be enough to stop me going for an Exclusive green (I loved the colour of my old PFL 8V RS3!). Things to consider are whether it’s best to wait for the Golf R and RS3 facelifts before deciding, and whether I can see better value in another used but more “special” car. Decisions, decisions.

Well I’m considering one.

I’m currently running a 2015 TTS (garaged) plus a 2016 Golf GTD and 2013 T5 camper van (kept on street). So they’re 8-11 years old, and with no realistic EV charging options other than public chargers, I’m thinking of a “last ICE” brand new purchase. This next car would replace the TTS, while in time the GTD would become a basic runabout as our kids approach driving age.

The shortlist is currently a new S3 in Vorsprung trim with Akrapovic, upcoming Golf R facelift or RS3 facelift. While obviously a step up on historic prices at £51k after discounts, it’s likely cheaper and better spec’d than the R. My guess is that a Vorsprung spec RS3 in a colour I want would touch on £70k. Non-VAG equivalents aren’t clearly cheaper either.

The S3’s green paint is certainly a draw for me as it’d be enough to stop me going for an Exclusive green (I loved the colour of my old PFL 8V RS3!). Things to consider are whether it’s best to wait for the Golf R and RS3 facelifts before deciding, and whether I can see better value in another used but more “special” car. Decisions, decisions.
I'am also waiting to see the new golf R also before I make a decision I've also
been looking at A45s and golf R 20 years . I will wait to see the S3 in the dealership in the
hope its better in person .

Sat in the FL Golf yesterday. It was the most basic version you can get and I gotta say I wasn't impressed at all. In pictures even the basic trim looks quite nice but in person it felt surprisingly cheap and instantly put me off. The GTI and R variants will surely have better quality feel but I guess the A3 will still be on another level. There was some delay with the FL A3 demo cars, I was now told they won't be here until the first half of June though some other dealers have already got ones.

Sat in the FL Golf yesterday. It was the most basic version you can get and I gotta say I wasn't impressed at all. In pictures even the basic trim looks quite nice but in person it felt surprisingly cheap and instantly put me off. The GTI and R variants will surely have better quality feel but I guess the A3 will still be on another level. There was some delay with the FL A3 demo cars, I was now told they won't be here until the first half of June though some other dealers have already got ones.
A base spec A3 isn’t exactly the best quality either.
I remember sitting in the A3 that Stockport had in their showroom in 2020 and felt very underwhelmed.

Reactions: George Jetson
My car doesn't have any interior options other than sport seats and it definitely feels like higher quality product than Golf. I thought maybe the facelift would bring the Golf up to Audi level but that's not what happened here.

Always fancied another S3 after my old 2015 S3 Saloon.

The interior of the new car has always put me off, so has lack of a manual option. But nothing much has a manual these days.

It's good to see Sepang Blue back. My old colour, and one of Audi's best. But at £3,995. Jesus !

Couldn't see the option for the Exhaust either. Options are very poor indeed.

Audi lost their way some time ago. Doesn't look like they're trying to win customers over either.

Even having to pay extra for a Jack is a bit of a p1ss take.

Reactions: HereWeGo, Mr Freeze and George Jetson
Well I’m definitely going against the flow of popular opinion here but i don’t much care !

I like the facelift version and i’ve just placed my order, dealer gave me a monthly price i was more than happy with (plenty of discount offered to try to offset the not so nice apr on pcp currently) and car is estimated to be with me at the end of August.

Black Edition, Ascari Blue, black roof rails. The only thing i’m sore about is losing my alcantara seats but i’m sure i’ll get over it. Bring on the new car smell and the 23 extra horses …

Reactions: Stew76, stan1000, wab172uk and 1 other person