NEW TIRES! WHAT TO BUY?

Audream

Audi Enthusiast!!!
Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I’m currently looking for new tires for my 1.6 Fsi and I wanna ask what are the best within the 500€ range. Right now I got Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2, pretty happy with them but I’m looking for something else on 225/45/17. I need something comfortable but most importantly A class on wet. Also, is it worth it to downgrade to 16” (rims obviously too) to make it lighter? What are your recommendations?
Thanks everyone in advance!!

Hi everyone ! I’m currently looking for new tires for my 1.6 Fsi and I wanna ask what are the best within the 500€ range. Right now I got Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2, pretty happy with them but I’m looking for something else on 225/45/17. I need something comfortable but most importantly A class on wet. Also, is it worth it to downgrade to 16” (rims obviously too) to make it lighter? What are your recommendations?
Thanks everyone in advance!!
A mate recommended Michelin Cross Climate, reckoned his Golf GTi could drive in snow where others struggled. Certainly gave me confidence on a long distance trip through driving rain and lots of standing water.

Michelin Cross Climate I rate them better than my old rainsport 5s