So Irritating!

Stirling Floss

Reaction score
My A3 Hybrid has a mind of its own, sometimes it allows EV and sometimes not. Has nothing to do with how its being driven or the level of charge in the batteries. If you try to engage EV it says 'Battery Charge too low. EV mode currently unavailable' (even when stationary).

Often I get the message 'Initialising navigation system please wait' so you wait, and wait and so on, has been like that for over an hour on occasions.

Twice now it's lost all of my personal details noting that 'The selected user has not been used in this vehicle for a while. Please enter the myAudi User Data again' I use the car daily and had certainly used the ID within the previous 24 hrs. If you dont enter the information you're defaulted back to guest user to click on all the disclaimers, so annoying when your in a rush.

Are these issues common to all current A3's, or do I have a 'Friday afternoon' car?

I'm afraid those are common. The hybrid thing sounds like it could be a "real" problem and possible to solve, whereas the software glitches are common. Not as badly in new cars, but I got that "user not been used blah blah" message last week too. Guess it's related to some problem in Audi's servers if that's happened to others than me too. Those sometimes show directly to the car users. Learned to live with this amount of random software hickups. My old car had something going on all the time and it was f***ing nightmare.

Glad I don't have the sat nav, I tried it once and it also did that initialising thing often, usually right when I would have needed the damn thing most. You couldn't even switch to Carplay since the nav stole the whole MMI while it was down. Never had a single problem with Google Maps nav via Apple Carplay and it comes for free, the satnav bought from FoD store is 2000+ € or 57 € / month. The only plus side was the car used the MHEV system better when it was connected to sat and knew what was coming ahead.

'The selected user has not been used in this vehicle for a while. Please enter the myAudi User Data again'
I had that happen today on my S3 as well. It was the first time for this issue, but not for the one where it keeps loading forever, until you actually restart the car.

When I joined this site in March 2021, the 8Y section was full of threads about the faulty infotainment system and the SOS system. It really put me off. Three years on, I assumed that Audi would have addressed all the MyAudi, Audi connect and satnav loading issues by way of hardware/software upgrades?

Sounds same as golf 8 ! Which is why I chopped mine in, seems even the newest golf 8 's still experiencing these problems.
Terrible.car for software issues

For this: 'Initialising navigation system please wait' does it happen when parked in an (very) underground carpark? I only have this when I go to Canary Wharf ( level - 2) parking, and once out, doesn't matter if I switch the Info system off and on again, it's still stuck on that screen. Thankfully it's only there where I get this and doesn't happen anywhere else.