Car vibrating at the front... possible cause?

Ant L

Reaction score
Hello everyone

A couple of weeks ago my car started vibrating/wobbling at the front at around 60-70 mph on the motorway. It felt like a wheel was about to come off!
I use a particular motorway each day which has been resurfaced so I initially thought it was that but the second problem is the wobbling feeling when braking but no steering wheel wobble.
I then began to think it may be a wheel isn't balanced properly and as the front tyres were approaching 2mm of tread anyway, I've had 2 new tyres fitted and the rears balanced. It's still doing it

2014 2.0 TDi saloon on 66,000 miles. New brake pads fitted last year.

Any ideas where to start looking?

it could be a lot of stuff I suggest you have a mechanic look at it, saves you from guessing and just chucking money at it...

Front calliper failed, has this on 2 B8s now.

Reactions: northpole
Front calliper failed, has this on 2 B8s now.
Thanks mate... will it require a new caliper or simply a strip down and re-grease?

Could it be a result of how the garage that fitted my new pads last year pushed the piston in?

I could smell burning too this morning. It's booked in at a garage later so won't use it now until it's fixed!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…