Car vibrating at the front... possible cause?

Ant L

Reaction score
Hello everyone

A couple of weeks ago my car started vibrating/wobbling at the front at around 60-70 mph on the motorway. It felt like a wheel was about to come off!
I use a particular motorway each day which has been resurfaced so I initially thought it was that but the second problem is the wobbling feeling when braking but no steering wheel wobble.
I then began to think it may be a wheel isn't balanced properly and as the front tyres were approaching 2mm of tread anyway, I've had 2 new tyres fitted and the rears balanced. It's still doing it :sos:

2014 2.0 TDi saloon on 66,000 miles. New brake pads fitted last year.

Any ideas where to start looking?

it could be a lot of stuff I suggest you have a mechanic look at it, saves you from guessing and just chucking money at it...

Front calliper failed, has this on 2 B8s now.
Thanks mate... will it require a new caliper or simply a strip down and re-grease?

Could it be a result of how the garage that fitted my new pads last year pushed the piston in?

I could smell burning too this morning. It's booked in at a garage later so won't use it now until it's fixed!

I love the part where he shows us the example of driving the car while it actually has the problem so we can diagnose it.

Tutuapp 9Apps