Thoughts on this one (and moving from an FL5)

I’ve had my 8Y for just over a year now and fairly happy with it. Though I have been a bit interested in a manual gearbox M2 lately. I mostly drive in manual and one of the things I dislike about the RS3 8Y is when in manual mode and hitting the red line it won’t bounce off the rev limiter or automatically change up, it just cuts out. I don’t understand why this is. I wonder if this will be changed on the facelift.

Litchfield M2…..

View: https://youtu.be/tet4xDobQ0M?si=LU5WJHqxdjIEgkQc

I wouldn’t want it to change up but cutting out seems wrong.

That m2 is a beast.

They‘re really good value compared to anything atm.

I’ve had my 8Y for just over a year now and fairly happy with it. Though I have been a bit interested in a manual gearbox M2 lately. I mostly drive in manual and one of the things I dislike about the RS3 8Y is when in manual mode and hitting the red line it won’t bounce off the rev limiter or automatically change up, it just cuts out. I don’t understand why this is. I wonder if this will be changed on the
This is actually a good thing, non-M BMWs change up for you and if you’re gunning it, you can end up double changing up.

What is infuriating is the Audi cuts the power for a second rather than just soft limiting the power like a proper M car.

I test drove both the manual and auto M2s back to back.

As an Fl5 owner clearly I like a manual, however, in the M2 the auto felt a better package to me. The manual was ok but poor shift v the Honda.

I would have one if the back seat space wasn’t so poor for our baby.

Passenger seat needs to be fully forward - very uncomfortable for mum

I test drove both the manual and auto M2s back to back.

As an Fl5 owner clearly I like a manual, however, in the M2 the auto felt a better package to me. The manual was ok but poor shift v the Honda.

I would have one if the back seat space wasn’t so poor for our baby.

Passenger seat needs to be fully forward - very uncomfortable for mum

Carbon buckets are so thin they make the back more spacious than I expected.