Do you need to maintain the nappa leather seats?

Jason1987

Reaction score
As in treat them every few months or something? Just want to make sure I don’t need to do anything as I’ve never had leather seats before I don’t want to ruin them by not doing something lol

As in treat them every few months or something? Just want to make sure I don’t need to do anything as I’ve never had leather seats before I don’t want to ruin them by not doing something lol
You can clean them with a dedicated leather cleaner and brush, or seal them with a leather sealant

But do you need to treat leather Seats every so often or can you just leave them like normal fabric seats?

But do you need to treat leather Seats every so often or can you just leave them like normal fabric seats?
I used the Auto Finesse Cleaner and Conditioner on my 8V Leather Seats - Did bring them up nicely

It will help if you clean them but if you use the heated seats a lot you'll never stop the stretching and Audi won't cover them under the warranty - Nappa leather better than the leather they used a few years ago which used to crack

I've never had an issue with mine over the years, but the car is garaged so don't use the heated seats very often

Reactions: Jon_M
I used the Auto Finesse Cleaner and Conditioner on my 8V Leather Seats - Did bring them up nicely

It will help if you clean them but if you use the heated seats a lot you'll never stop the stretching and Audi won't cover them under the warranty - Nappa leather better than the leather they used a few years ago which used to crack

I've never had an issue with mine over the years, but the car is garaged so don't use the heated seats very often
Oh I didn’t know heated seats was bad for them. The side bolster where I get out is a bit soft and creased but I assume that’s going to happen as you get out the car

Oh I didn’t know heated seats was bad for them. The side bolster where I get out is a bit soft and creased but I assume that’s going to happen as you get out the car
Not so sure it's as bad as it was but they tend to stretch a little - I have to say though that the 8Y S3 Sport Seats are different to the 8V Leather Seats and may not stretch but I'm just going by my experiences over the years and my friend is an Audi Mastertech and he said that they stopped changing seats under warranty a few years ago if they were just stretched - How they can prove you use the heated seats a lot I don't know

I've just bought some Auto Finesse stuff to try on the S3 seats but in years gone by I always swore by Gliptone as thats whats recommended for all the classics - Astons, Jags etc!