A7 Spoiler deploys but doesn't retract automatically ?

S-Cronic

Reaction score
Hi all, my A7 just developed an annoying fault, at speed the rear spoiler deploys as it should but followed by "Spoiler Fault" warning on dashboard, when you finish the journey the spoiler is still in the deployed position, you have to press the button manually to close it ? .... Anyone experienced similar ? manually up and down its fine on the button, but automatic at speed deploy and retract it glitches?

Thank you

Hi all, my A7 just developed an annoying fault, at speed the rear spoiler deploys as it should but followed by "Spoiler Fault" warning on dashboard, when you finish the journey the spoiler is still in the deployed position, you have to press the button manually to close it ? .... Anyone experienced similar ? manually up and down its fine on the button, but automatic at speed deploy and retract it glitches?

Thank you
Hey did you fix this? I get this spoiler malfunction also. But only when driving at speed and it pops up by itself. I get the beep and malfunction error, but then it doesn't retract again when you slow down. If I'm not driving at speed I can manually put the spoiler up and down as many times as I like without a fault using the button. Wondering whether to replace the module or get audi to diagnose it when it goes in for a service.

Hey did you fix this? I get this spoiler malfunction also. But only when driving at speed and it pops up by itself. I get the beep and malfunction error, but then it doesn't retract again when you slow down. If I'm not driving at speed I can manually put the spoiler up and down as many times as I like without a fault using the button. Wondering whether to replace the module or get audi to diagnose it when it goes in for a service.
Hi, Do you know what I didn't ? but the reason was that every person i spoke with about this, and You Tube video I watched pointed to the not expensive module just behind the carpet upright panel in the boot area ( right hand side I believe? ) I haven't done it yet because the weather has been so awful here and the fact it hasn't bothered me enough to worry about it too much, but that's my guess, it's the module.

Hi, Do you know what I didn't ? but the reason was that every person i spoke with about this, and You Tube video I watched pointed to the not expensive module just behind the carpet upright panel in the boot area ( right hand side I believe? ) I haven't done it yet because the weather has been so awful here and the fact it hasn't bothered me enough to worry about it too much, but that's my guess, it's the module.
Yeah, my cars going in for a service soon and I was contemplating getting Audi to look at it under extended warranty. I was going to swap the module out myself but I didnt want to buy a second hand one, incase that had the fault also. I think buying a new module and swapping it out myself will be the same cost as the warranty excess, so I might aswell get them to do it. I'll keep you posted as to how I get on and if it indeed fixes the issue. As I've read a couple of other posts where people swapped the module but still had the fault.

Fair comment, if yours has an extended warranty why do it yourself ? I agree that there is a chance it may not be the module, but as mine is an early model I may just try a £60.00/£70.00 second hand part from Ebay, very easy to fit (plug"n"play ) and they guarantee money back if its faulty or doesn't work so worth a try for me once the weather improves.

Let us all know how you get on, all the best :thumbs up: