Audi not turning on/warning lights

Caz213

Reaction score
Interested to know if anyone’s experienced this/similar with their Audi-
2011/2liter/sline.

Been a fab car for the 7 years of owning it, up until Christmas just gone. Was on holiday and came to set off back home when it wouldn’t start, there was nothing happening apart from lots of warning lights coming up on the display (glow plug, handbrake, tyre pressure, engine, etc etc). Rac came out, battery fine, but couldn’t get a reading from the car. Arranged to have it recovered, 5 hours of being sat in it and I decided (after multiple failed attempts) to try and start it again- the dam thing turned on perfect, warning lights all gone. The only thing was the time had changed on the display and it said I had 97 miles left in the tank but I had over 400, it corrected the millage itself after a few mins of running. Got it home with no problems apart from a split second of abs kicking in. Didn’t dare drive it again but would go out just to see if it would start up- sometimes it did, but would cut out. Got it running normally once. Sometimes same thing- absolutely nothing apart from warning lights. Partner got a reader, this time managed to get a reading from the car- 12 abs faults, glow plug, egr, throttle body, communication fault. Got rac out again, been towed to a garage. It’s been sat for 3 weeks waiting for the mechanic to look at it as he’s got too many cars in and a 1 man band. He started it up Thursday just gone with no problems, no warning lights, running fine. So he took it for a drive to see how it behaved and not long in he said the traction control went. Not heard any updates yet. Absolutely stumped as to what’s going on with it. Any ideas?

Have a check of the earth cables. With the problems being sporadic it could mean one of the main earth connections has snapped and is just making contact.

Reactions: Caz213