Tidy set of coilovers

darrenvalleys12

Reaction score
Can anybody help please my son has a 2007 a3 sline 2.0tdi 3 door bmn when he bought the car a few years back it came with AP coilovers and springs fitted so the car was already lowered, we had a look the other day and we saw one of the front coilovers had a bit of a leak so we have been looking and he just cant afford the price of a new set of AP brand coilovers and springs so could anybody help and point us into a set of tidy coilovers and springs that will not cost a smallfortune thanks for any help.

There are plenty of options out there like FK, JOM, Stance+ etc that’ll set you back about half what the AP’s will, maybe less. But you get what you pay for.

AP’s have a decent reputation and should be a good coilover for the price, maybe worth waiting a few months and saving for them.

For me I'd say that one of the budget kits like those mentioned above are going to be a big step down from the AP in terms of ride and build quality. As also mentioned above, I'd maybe suggest saving for longer and getting another set of the AP or maybe think about one of the springs and shocks kits that would come in a little cheaper.

If we can be any help with info or prices, just let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: S4 Muzza