S1 - What tyres ?

Reaction score
Hi,
What tyres are everyone putting on their S1 these days?
Mine are 225/35 R18
Ideally I’d like some Michelin PS4’s, but not sure that they do this size.
Many thanks

PS4 and PS5 aren't available in 35 profile which is a massive shame, great tyres and would happily have some more. My S1 came with Continental Sport Contact 5 from the factory, they wear pretty quickly but in the dry they're hard to beat. Whatever you do don't fit bridgestones.

PS4 and PS5 aren't available in 35 profile which is a massive shame, great tyres and would happily have some more. My S1 came with Continental Sport Contact 5 from the factory, they wear pretty quickly but in the dry they're hard to beat. Whatever you do don't fit bridgestones.
Many thanks for the info. I think Michelin do pilot super sports in the 35 profile but that tyre model is getting on a bit.

Sport Contact 5 is also getting on a bit (I think they are up to SP7's now), but they are the "AO" marked approved tyre for the S1 so I also went for those. the tyres are still newly manufacturered (obvs) but I guess Michelin/Continental don't see the value in developing a newer model given the volumes are low.

I think it's only the S1 and TVRs that have this profile from the standard factory provided 18" wheels.

Sport Contact 5 is also getting on a bit (I think they are up to SP7's now), but they are the "AO" marked approved tyre for the S1 so I also went for those. the tyres are still newly manufacturered (obvs) but I guess Michelin/Continental don't see the value in developing a newer model given the volumes are low.

I think it's only the S1 and TVRs that have this profile from the standard factory provided 18" wheels.
Many thanks for your info.

Reactions: allycooke
Mine came with bridgestones and like Phazer said do not fit them they are aweful, If you can find them the Michelin Pilot Supersports are great IMO

Mine came with bridgestones and like Phazer said do not fit them they are aweful, If you can find them the Michelin Pilot Supersports are great IMO
Many thanks for your reply, it’s much appreciated and that’s what I’m edging towards. Do you ever think it’s worth going up to a 40 profile instead of the 35 as I think Michelin do PS4’s in 225/40 R18 ?
Many thanks

Many thanks for your reply, it’s much appreciated and that’s what I’m edging towards. Do you ever think it’s worth going up to a 40 profile instead of the 35 as I think Michelin do PS4’s in 225/40 R18 ?
Many thanks
Plenty do, it does amuse me that people significantly younger than me do it for comfort :D 35 profile are far from hard riding on the S1 even with H&R springs. I wouldn't go up a profile size as I think it's unnecessary and more importantly I don't think it looks good at all, but just my opinion of course.

what Phazer said re: comfort and look, but would also cause a misread on the speedo and possibly some rubbing on wheel arches if driving (drifting) around on full lock if you did have lowered springs

what Phazer said re: comfort and look, but would also cause a misread on the speedo and possibly some rubbing on wheel arches if driving (drifting) around on full lock if you did have lowered springs
Think you’re right and I have to buy a set of 4 tyres. So going to go for the Michelin Super Sports and keep at the 35 profile. I’d like to lower the car in the next couple of months too. So don’t want any agro with rubbing and I’d quite like to get the wheel arch gap eliminated as it looks terrible at the moment in standard ride height.
Many thanks

Costco are listing them for £170 each plus fitting, no idea if that's competetive or not, sure my present set were about £150 each

Reactions: Baz999fire
£130 for "AO" marked Continentals from Camskill

Reactions: iLikefishing