Front Right door rattle sound while paying music

Grga 8Y

Reaction score
1,5 TFSI Sportback with Audi sound system, when listening to music at a little bit louder levels and with little bit bass in the song right door
panel makes rattling sound, while left door is dead silent.

Anyone with same issue?

i had this in my S3 took it back to the dealer they found 2 missing trim clips in the door which they replaced. rattling gone now when playing bassy music.

Isn’t this just normal on the 8y? I’ve heard lots of mentions of this when the bass is on.

This is my third A3, I've skipped 8V, how the car drives is quantum leap, but there are some cost cutting issues that Audi should not be making!
I have appointment on 8th, so we'll see what is the issue.

I have this issue too, Audi said it was a cable rattling against door and wrapped it in fibre tape, but it is still doing it.
Its back next week so will hopefully be resolved then.

Yesterday the car was in the shop, they removed the door panel and said that everything is OK, and I was told that I should visit Car Audio installer to put dampening material on the panel! Crazy!

I had a 2014 Seat Leon that had some vibration on the door with music, and sometime with engine. Went into dealer, they took out both front door panels, put some expanding foam noodle thingi in the panels (took 1 hour tops) refitted the trim, and no more vibrations and even the music sounded better! But that was Seat, not Audi.

Mine buzzes/ rattles on certain frequencies and when people talk on the radio etc, does everyone’s do this? Mine seems to make more noise on the left side for some reason. Wish they fitted Dynamat round the speakers from factory to stop this

Reactions: helicopter_red
Yes mines the same and the buzzing is most noticeable on 90's music, i guess more bass guitars and certain frequencys i suppose as well as some voices on the radio.

Going to be a summer job to remove the door cards and try and sort my self.

On mine Left does not make any sound, now I've learned the lesson, next time I will have to opt for Bang & O. because the dealer told me that on B&O the panel is treated and it is much heavier.

On mine Left does not make any sound, now I've learned the lesson, next time I will have to opt for Bang & O. because the dealer told me that on B&O the panel is treated and it is much heavier.
Mine has B&O and does this, so your dealer is just fobbing you off!
I have complained about mine twice now it is still not fixed so will do it myself when warmer.

Mine has B&O and does this, so your dealer is just fobbing you off!
I have complained about mine twice now it is still not fixed so will do it myself when warmer.
Crazy, I don't know what is happening with Audi, I hope that they're following forums like this. I knew that is not a good idea of buying a new car with material shortages and cost reduction, but the design is so fantastic that I could not resist!

Also, is there common little rattles that come from around the doors when driving? As I’m noticing a little rattle but can’t work out where it’s coming from, sound like you have something in the centre console that is slightly moving or something. I also sometimes think I hear the doors rattle, I thought it was just in the cold weather where the seals had frozen but it shouldn’t do it now should it

Also, is there common little rattles that come from around the doors when driving? As I’m noticing a little rattle but can’t work out where it’s coming from, sound like you have something in the centre console that is slightly moving or something. I also sometimes think I hear the doors rattle, I thought it was just in the cold weather where the seals had frozen but it shouldn’t do it now should it
Same here, the door that is rattling with music, also produces rattle when cold and over the bump on the road.