Semi-successful door harness repair - Now have AIRBAG light and no drivers window

cmal1001

Reaction score
I got one of the rocketwires kits to repair the drivers door harness. i actually ended up removing the complete harness and just soldering the new wires on instead of using those rubbish butt splice connectors. Repair went well as i thought, i soldered all the wires to now to avoid further problems down the road, put everything back together and HAPPY DAYS i now have heated mirror and my drivers door locks with the remote.

But now i have an AIRBAG light and my drivers side window doesnt work, all the other windows work with the drivers door controls.

any ideas where to look?

Last edited:
Check the harness, naturally last place worked on & now you have errors.

Do you have a log of the errors?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Check the harness, naturally last place worked on & now you have errors.

Do you have a log of the errors?
stupid me i forgot to put the pink thing and when i connected to door it pushed two of the pins out

Reactions: Gmac and NHN
Actually the pins are designed to not push out even when the pink lock part isn't fitted, that's aftermarket pins unfortunately, however the positive side is, you had the foresight to know that happened ;)

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Actually the pins are designed to not push out even when the pink lock part isn't fitted, that's aftermarket pins unfortunately, however the positive side is, you had the foresight to know that happened ;)
true! you learn something new every time you work on the car. My soldering is obviously top notch ;) everything works beautifully ! Next job, rear parking sensors