Wheel nut cover

Gazza84

Reaction score
Hi, I left the car in to get its first year service yesterday and the idiots didn’t put one of the wheel nut covers back on. I don’t know all of what goes into a car service, but why would they have removed this? Do they take the wheels off during a service?

I have a photo, would anyone have the part number for the cover that bolt? I’m not sure if its the same as the rest of if its the different bolt to the others and I can’t check as I don’t have the removal tool. Thanks.

Thanks
IMG 3459

Hi, I left the car in to get its first year service yesterday and the idiots didn’t put one of the wheel nut covers back on. I don’t know all of what goes into a car service, but why would they have removed this? Do they take the wheels off during a service?

I have a photo, would anyone have the part number for the cover that bolt? I’m not sure if its the same as the rest of if its the different bolt to the others and I can’t check as I don’t have the removal tool. Thanks.

ThanksView attachment 272157

They must’ve either taken them off to check your ceramics or it fell off without you noticing ?

Either way it’s a different cover because that’s the locking wheel bolt.

Ring them up and explain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These locking wheel bolt cover’s don’t fit properly and are a very loose fit. Washed off my wheels Saturday and when rinsing off with the hose, three of the four locking bolt covers flew off! Put your finger on the end of them and they wiggle. I’m going to remove each locking bolt and apply one layer of electrical tape around them before replacing the cover.
Audi needs to address this issue surely?

These locking wheel bolt cover’s don’t fit properly and are a very loose fit. Washed off my wheels Saturday and when rinsing off with the hose, three of the four locking bolt covers flew off! Put your finger on the end of them and they wiggle. I’m going to remove each locking bolt and apply one layer of electrical tape around them before replacing the cover.
Audi needs to address this issue surely?

Harks back to the 8V days when they used to fly off on early cars.
Audi changed the part number and fitted slightly tighter ones.

Had mine off a few times but wouldn’t say they are a loose fit and they certainly don’t come off when jet washing.

Good luck if you think Audi will be interested in it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just noticed today I’m missing my locking nut cover, went round the car and poked a few back on properly