radio cutting out

jaffaxr

Reaction score
after accidently pushing the voice control button while my ipod was playing now the radio cuts out then after a second or two comes back on also the mmi screen flashes
has anybody any ideas what this could be as ive tried a few things and now out of ideas?
thanks in advance

Symptoms sound water related. Often water gets into the left cubby hole in the boot where the radio components are and starts to make odd things happen with the front system.

Sent from my NE2213 using Tapatalk

The boot area is dry sorry forgot to say it's an 08 plate a6 le mans edition avant with mmi 2g high

Can you get a diagnostic read out? Probably only way to pin point the issue

Sent from my NE2213 using Tapatalk

MMI 2G phone modules are well known for going kaput, especially on that age of car, get an MMI loop and bypass the phone unit under the passenger foot well in the large plastic box.

Also, does your rear washer still work, the reason boots get wet in the cubby hole is the pipe going through the boot hinge cracks and water no longer travels to the washer but ****** in all over your MMI installation in the rear cubby hole.

If it's dry there and there is no white powdery residue on the amp, radio etc and your wash wipe still doesn't work then check under the floor of the front passenger side where the phone ECU is located, unfortunately Audi fitted a joint there for the rear wash wipe and I have seen (only once) this pipe come apart and flood the floor pan on that side and kill the phone ECU, but I would think that the MMI would be totally dead if this had happened, but it's still worth checking under there and bypassing the phone with an MMI loop.

This is what you would need to by pass any part of the MMI.

Also, does your rear washer still work, the reason boots get wet in the cubby hole is the pipe going through the boot hinge cracks and water no longer travels to the washer but ****** in all over your MMI installation in the rear cubby hole.

If it's dry there and there is no white powdery residue on the amp, radio etc and your wash wipe still doesn't work then check under the floor of the front passenger side where the phone ECU is located, unfortunately Audi fitted a joint there for the rear wash wipe and I have seen (only once) this pipe come apart and flood the floor pan on that side and kill the phone ECU, but I would think that the MMI would be totally dead if this had happened, but it's still worth checking under there and bypassing the phone with an MMI loop.

This is what you would need to by pass any part of the MMI.

sorry for the very late reply ill try that thankyou