2021 S3 Instrument Cluster DTC B201100 - Incorrect basic setting

Philiusm

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an S3 that doesn't get used very much, criminal I know.. Periodically I put the battery on charge and check for any DTCs. I have just noticed a code stored in the Instrument Cluster B201100 with a description of "Incorrect basic setting".

The only thing that has recently happened to the car is that it went in for service and a brake fluid change. Whoever worked on it was a real dimwit, I got the car back with next to no brake fluid in the resevoir.

I digress, the dealer has set the oil service for 18,300 miles or 2 years. The only thing I can find is a recommendation of an oil change every 10,000 miles on another dealer site. I found an old TSB, TSB 17 13 40 2034550/1 July 24, 2013, it said that the car would log a code against the instument cluster if the service interval was set over a maximum of 15,000 kilometers.

Can anyone confirm what the maximum limit is for an oil service? Has anyone seen this code set before, please?

Regards Phil

Oil service is set annually or on "long life". If you do up to 20k miles a year (and we'll over 10k miles) you should be on long life. If you do 10k miles a year or less (actually 9300 miles, equivalent to 15k km), you should be on annual servicing.

Update: Spoke to the dealer and yes they are aware of this code and it can safely be ignored.

I had a 2018 Polo GTI+ which had to go in for warranty work when the infotainment screen went blank. When it came back, my instrument cluster had the normal blue cluster variant in place rather than the GTI version - the dealership had applied the wrong "skin" code when performing a reset of the infotainment and instrumentation screens.