HELP 01316 - ABS Control Module Check DTC

Igoaam

Reaction score
Hi, i have retrofitted parking sensors and i am getting this fault code which appears on the park assist. My parking snesors dont work because of this, i get a long beep when i put the car in reverse. I have checked the ross tech wbesite and they say to correct/clear the code but theres nothing to clear when i go onto the ABS channel. Is there anyone who can help me with this. I have attached a copy of my vcds scan. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 18-10-23-Log-238320km-148085mi.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 295
On which year car & check your coding is correct.

On which year car & check your coding is correct.
My car is 2009 facelift model sline. I have checked my coding and from what i can see it is correct but im not sure. This is what i coded:

19 CAN Gateway - installation list - enable 10 park assist

10 park assist -
- enabled bit 4 optical illustration active
Bit 00 - manual transmission
Bit 4-7 - RHD
Bit 0-7 - 05 model audi a3 5 dr S line 8PA

37 Navigation - software coding 0235155
(I couldnt remember what my original value was for the 3rd value so might have made a mistake here but i added +2 to enable optical illustration)

44 Steering Assist - adaptation - installation park steer assist - value changed to 1

For Abs module i saw online that on bit 17 if you enable bit 0 that is to activate pla. Although on my vcds nothing shows for bit 0 its empty and if i enable the coding get rejected. However if i change 44 steering assist value to 0 then i get an error saying request out of range if i try enable bit 0 on abs.

So im not sure what else to do, if you could please help me it would be appreciated.

Le Audi A3 costruite prima di giugno 2009 non sono compatibili con il park assist. Hanno la scatola guida GEN2 e la centralina ABS che non dialoga con quella del park assist. Ho lo stesso problema nella mia auto e ho dovuto comprare una centralina per 8 sensori.

Le Audi A3 costruite prima di giugno 2009 non sono compatibili con il park assist. Hanno la scatola guida GEN2 e la centralina ABS che non dialoga con quella del park assist. Ho lo stesso problema nella mia auto e ho dovuto comprare una centralina per 8 sensori.
Isnt there a way to make it work by changing abs unit or steering box? On my autoscan with vcds it says

Address 44: Steering Assist Labels: 1K0-909-14x-GEN3.clb

Does that mean i have gen 3? I have come so far now it seems like such a pity to give up.

What modules have 8k sensors? Il see how much they are? Is the wiring the same?

My steering rack part no is 1K0 909 144 C which gen is my rack? And my abs module is 1K0 907 379 AN. Do i have the necessary parts to have pla? Or not. Please let me know. Thanks

So just to clarify, what have you fitted exactly, did you fit the side sensors too?

Are your abs sensors pla type?
What do you mean? I followed a retrofit guide a member on this site made and it didnt mention anything about the abs sensors or the abs module or the steering rack needing to be a gen 3.

Apparently my steering rack is gen 3 but im not sure how i can confirm.

I also borrowed a friends 8k pdc module 8P0919475N just to see if this will work if my pla retrofit doesnt work. this was originally for an audi r8, i tried coding it be to my audi specs and i kept getting ‘error 31 coding rejected request out of range’, this was going to be my back up plan. Any idea why i am getting error when trying to code it?

Last edited:
Are your abs sensors pla type?
So ive managed to get the 8k sensors working, the module i got came off an audi r8 left hand drive, however when i was coding it i selected right hand drive but it kept getting rejected so i left it as LHD and now the front and rear sensors work. It doesnt seem to affect anything and im not sure how to force the module to accept RHD so il just leave it as it is.

In terms of the PLA I think i might have to accept defeat and accept that i wont be able to have PLA. I was thinking of changing the abs module but i dont know if its worth the hassle now.