Anyone else experiencing Sound Setting issues since new IOS update [Carplay]

audi8y2021

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently updated to the latest iOS and have noticed that I can no longer set the volume for my notifications and music separately. Previously, when I received a notification from Apple Maps, I could adjust the volume of that notification up or down, and after a short period, the volume wheel would revert to controlling the music volume. However, this is no longer the case. Now, I can only adjust the music volume until I turn off the car. Upon restarting it, the volume control is sometimes exclusive to either the music or notifications.

I have observed that while adjusting the volume, a small settings icon appears next to the volume display in the MMI, but I am unable to click on it, whether the car is stationary, with the engine off, or merely in contact mode.

I have scheduled a visit to the dealer this coming Monday to address this issue, but thought to reach out here in case anyone else has experienced a similar problem.

I've noticed this as well - the settings (gear) icon being greyed out.

To get it back, go into sound settings from the main settings menu - it then shows up again and is functional. Looks like a bug to me.

Be interested to hear what the Dealer says on this, as it's driving me slightly mad !

(Wonder if it's an IOS 17 issue?)

Think I got another IOS update. Since this morning the strange volume problem is gone

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…