Glow plug error

Fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi All

The EML has come on and a scan shows its a glowplug issue on cylinder 2.

I had a look for new glowplugs but there's 2 listed. Slightly different overall length and different distance they protrude into the engine.

It's a 2016 A3 8V 2.0l.

Any idea what ones are required and are they easy enough to take out ?

Luckily the pressure sensor one is OK.

Cheers

Dave

There are two NGK listed here that seem to fit. Both with no pressure sensor. The bosch one doesn't match the production date so I ruled that out.

What am I missing?

Anyone got a link for the correct Beru without pressure sensor plugs. It's defo cylinder 2 listed via VCDS.

I have seen a few nightmare stories taking glowplugs out.

It's due MOT next week so I will clear codes before it goes in (tried that already and EML took a few days to come back) and tackle removing the glowplugs afterwards.

Cheers

Dave

Hi All

The EML has come on and a scan shows its a glowplug issue on cylinder 2.

I had a look for new glowplugs but there's 2 listed. Slightly different overall length and different distance they protrude into the engine.

It's a 2016 A3 8V 2.0l.

Any idea what ones are required and are they easy enough to take out ?

Luckily the pressure sensor one is OK.

Cheers

Dave
Hi. I had glow plug fault come up a few months back on 2016. I had them all changed just to rule out anymore issues. The sensor was left as no fault was showing. A few months later it came back wasn’t showing it was the pressure sensor but I changed it anyways was expensive around £170 fitted but it’s run sweet with better mpg and no problems since if that helps