Tapping 12v

audee

Reaction score
Anyone know if I can tap the Ashtray wire for some aftermarket footwell lights?
I want to tap a wire so the lights work only when ignition is on, or with the lights, the 12v cigarette socket is permanently on sadly.

Thanks

the fusebox is at the end of the dash, use a fuse tap and just run a new ignition live

the fusebox is at the end of the dash, use a fuse tap and just run a new ignition live
I’ve tried tapping it to the fuse for interior lights, but it didn’t seem to work. Any other fuse I can use to tap in to?

Cheers

there should be some empty slots which are ignition live that you could use

otherwise something like the radio fuse. you got a a multimeter or test light to check for ignition?

there should be some empty slots which are ignition live that you could use

otherwise something like the radio fuse. you got a a multimeter or test light to check for ignition?
Sadly the empty slots are just dummy’s. I’ve tapped into a existing ignition live, but only issue is that they stop working when you turn the ignition off with key in.

I’m thinking of tapping into the headlight switch instead, so they work with auto lights.

Would you know which colour wire to tap into by any chance?

Cheers

why do you want the lights to be only on with ignition. Its seamless when they are installed factory spec. Robin A3 has the looms and its an easy job to do.

why do you want the lights to be only on with ignition. Its seamless when they are installed factory spec. Robin A3 has the looms and its an easy job to do.
They’re aftermarket lights, so it won’t work.