Decat / gutted OEM cat

Stu_b7

Reaction score
Hi all hope all is good with everyone!
Just wanted your opinions about my gutted out OEM cat, I had a 200 cel sports cat cut into my 3” miltek Downpipe and I had the OEM cat gutted out and left in situ, now looking at it the rear of the cat looks like it does reduce in size quite abit the once it connects onto the Downpipe it is back to 3” so I feel it must create abit of a bottleneck.
Do you think I shout remove this and fit a 3” decat/test pipe, would this be better?

Just wanted your opinions about my gutted out OEM cat, I had a 200 cel sports cat cut into my 3” miltek Downpipe and I had the OEM cat gutted out and left in situ, now looking at it the rear of the cat looks like it does reduce in size quite abit the once it connects onto the Downpipe it is back to 3” so I feel it must create abit of a bottleneck.
Do you think I shout remove this and fit a 3” decat/test pipe, would this be better?
If its been gutted then it has no effect other than locating the lambda sensors and creating a bottleneck, so, no reason at all to retain it , just go decat pipe .

Reactions: Stu_b7
If its been gutted then it has no effect other than locating the lambda sensors and creating a bottleneck, so, no reason at all to retain it , just go decat pipe .
That’s my thought and the lamba sensor has been relocated down behind the sports cat now too so all good there.
Any decent decats about that are not silly money?

Decat will no pass the Mot, unless you are friendly with the garage.