Stage 2 remap help

Stu_b7

Reaction score
Hi all just need some help with thinking about stage 2.
So I have stage 1 at the moment with a Bevo remap stating 265bhp, I now have all the bits bolted on for a stage 2, I have spoken to a garage that do ecotune remaps about the stage 2 and they are saying it will be giving me numbers of 240-250bhp!?!
What do you guys thinks I am actually getting and does all this sound right?

I wouldn't even think about it, find a proper place BSR will do you a proper map based on your new hardware on a rolling road. To get intoich with the man he is on the forum Bobby Sighn....

My ten pence, and I’ve spent a few tuning this car…

The only way you’ll truly know what power you’re running is to get the car on a rolling road.
I put mine on one when it was stock and it was down to 207bhp. I decided to go down the Revo route… after stage one I took it back to the rolling road and it was only making around 232bhp. So I took the car in and had a load of preventive maintenance done to make sure it wasn’t the car that was at fault.
After spending a small fortune on all the stage 2+ mods I went back for the next level of software with Revo. Spent half a day on the rolling road with the tuner and he couldn’t get it higher then 256bhp! I think from memory he only had 3 options to choose from with the generic maps that they had on file.

At this point I was a little frustrated so decided to sack off Revo and start again.
Made a trip up to see Rick at Unicorn in Stockport. After a morning on the rolling road and one custom map later I left with my car running just under 270bhp and 300pft.

Best advice is to find a decent independent tuner who has access to a good rolling road.
I’m going back to see Rick @ Unicorn when I finally get round to stage 3. Just need the injectors.

When my Mk4 Golf GTi went in for a Shark map back in the day, they did a run on the rollers before hand and it made 147bhp after the stage one map it was up to 204bhp.
One can question the accuracy of these rolling roads but it’s better than just quoted figure from a website.

Reactions: Stu_b7
I will add we could’ve gone a bit higher than 270 but at the time my clutch wasn’t great so I played it safe. New clutch and DMF fitted now ready for stage 3. I do love wasting money on this car!

Reactions: Stu_b7
wow that’s crazy those figures are all over the place! I had a stage 1 flash from Bevo tuning which they said would be around 265 mark, I’ve never had I on a rolling road so no idea but I feels and looks as fast as my mates s3 which is 260 stock.
The company I will probably use Retro Resus use Ecotune but those numbers of 240-250bhp for a stage 2 seemed low to me? Or am I daydreaming!?!
They have had a 4wd rolling road installed and have said it will be up and running in the new year so I might wait for that before I go stage 2 so I can see what numbers I am currently running.

Dyno is a tool - it can be used to show what ever figures you want it to show based on corrections.
There is still nothing stopping you from tuning on the road, in fact I do all my tuning on the road (in real life conditions) and datalog what I need at the time.
If I need a power figure then sure I get a power run done but really it has no value unless you are comparing back to back cars on the same day.

Reactions: Charlie Farley