Facelift CarPlay Upgrade with Virtual Cockpit

8BallAddict

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can get the google maps navigation when using CarPlay to show in the VC screen?

I have the MIB2 High MMI with VC but not CarPlay enabled. Thinking of getting the software upgrade to enable CarPlay but if the navigation only shows on the MMI screen, not really sure if its worth spending the money on it.

Maps (Google, Apple, Waze etc.) via CarPlay do not show on the VC, they only show on the MMI screen and you will get a compass on the VC when using nav through CarPlay

Reactions: 8BallAddict
No, the Carplay / Android Auto only displays on the MMI unit.

You should be able to use MIB to get it enabled for free and if you also install Navignore you can have the Audi and Carplay running side by side.

Reactions: 8BallAddict
No, the Carplay / Android Auto only displays on the MMI unit.

You should be able to use MIB to get it enabled for free and if you also install Navignore you can have the Audi and Carplay running side by side.
Have you got any more info on how to enable the CarPlay? I’ve been Googling it and can’t seem to find anything specific for an 8v A3

Have you got any more info on how to enable the CarPlay? I’ve been Googling it and can’t seem to find anything specific for an 8v A3

i dont want to hijack this thread, but i used to be able to get Android Auto on my MMi,when i plugged in my smartphone. But around 18months ago, after a AA update, this stopped working and would not activate /display. Even changing smartphone did not change this, even though AA is on my smartphone.
Is this due to the AA update - I recall reading something which mentioned you could now only get AA if your car had AA, rather than your phone.

i dont want to hijack this thread, but i used to be able to get Android Auto on my MMi,when i plugged in my smartphone. But around 18months ago, after a AA update, this stopped working and would not activate /display. Even changing smartphone did not change this, even though AA is on my smartphone.
Is this due to the AA update - I recall reading something which mentioned you could now only get AA if your car had AA, rather than your phone.
Do you have a facelift A/S/RS3 vehicle?

Hi DJAlix, yes S3 67 plate facelift, VC etc . AA did work for a couple of years when usb connected, but after an AA update it all stopped

Collectively known as Audi smartphone interface, android auto and apple CarPlay both live and operate on their respective devices. Being able to use smartphone interface in your car just means that your media system has permission to basically mirror your device.

If everything was working and it stopped after performing a device update then I would suggest it’s the device or said update that’s the issue. Saying that, the following need to be in place for smartphone interface to work:

- a compatible MIB2 unit
- a smartphone interface licence
- working usb ports
- a compatible device / smartphone
- a compatible usb cable

Notes:

- Android can be mega fussy with cables. Not all cables are the same.
- if your phone is not charging via the usb port then it’s not gonna work with smartphone interface and your port needs looking at.
- if the above is ok, and your device is ok, tested in another car etc, you could try resetting your MMI via system settings menu.
- delete the car from your device and delete the device from communication manager in your car in order to start over.

Reactions: farmerpalmer
Thanks to DJAlix for your help, and a reminder of what is required for AA to work.

I have all the above, and I have been through the Audi menus so many times trying to get AA working again. Tried different phones and cables -nothing.
I had given up on getting AA working again.
Finally got AA working again :)
Decided to delve into Audi menu /sub menu once again, to see if I had missed anything.
Went into smartphone interface and my phone was there....but no "tick" in the box !
Boxed ticked, and AA now working.
At some point the tick was removed from the smartphone interface, so phone was not recognised.
Tried using different cables, and still works with all of them.
Thankyou once again DJAlix :salute:

Reactions: DJAlix