Audi warranty and retrofits

nutter2

Reaction score
My Mrs wants front sensors fitted to our new a3, found sowmehre who will fit a genuine kit.

But when calling around the audi dealer told me they don't do a kit and there isn't one available. He said any kit you fit will void the cars warranty?! I can't see how a genuine kit fitted by a competent company will void warranty of the whole car.

Has anyone fitted front sensors and still had warranty done ?

The warranty technically will only be 'voided' on parts that were affected by the retrofit, for example if you have front parking sensors retrofitted and then your exhaust has a problem then there is no reason why the warranty shouldn't cover the exhaust.

We have a couple of customers booked in for front parking sensor retrofit and this is what we have advised.

Reactions: nutter2
In the UK they have to be able to show a direct link between the fault and the retro fit in order to be able to void any part of the warranty.

So as the example above shows, it could not void the warranty on any unrelated fault. It could for example void the warranty on electrical items, such as any control units that have been modified / adapted or the wiring between the sensor and the control unit. Unlikely but there is always the risk and its whether the benefit outweighs the risk.