Side mirror adjustment issue

LayZ_Pz

Reaction score
Hey, I seem to have one of the weirdest issue.

It's been every-time I start the car after it sitting a while that my right side mirror (so passenger in my country) is in the wrong position. It seems to be extremely tilted to the extreme outside view of the car and it only happens when the car sits for a while. I haven't seen it move by itself after sitting in the car for 5 mins. Also want to mention that holding the "1" button to restore my profile doesn't move the mirror so the car *thinks* that the mirror is in the right position.

I thought that maybe someone was playing a prank on me but it happened when the car was parked somewhere else for a while too.

I have tried:
- a factory reset in the MMI but it doesn't seem to reset the car fully and the issue remains
- leaving the mirror knob on another position (like heating or adjusting left/right side mirror) and the issue remains
- completely changing the seats and mirror adjustments, saving to my profile on the adjustment manager and "recreating" my profile and the issue remains
- going to the extreme positions on the side mirror (fully up/down/right/left) as maybe it lost where the "center" is and the issue remains

I don't want to go to Audi for this as I can't really demonstrate the issue, is there anything I can do? Like reset some settings in another way or something else? I have got OBD11/VCDS if there is anything I can do in there. Cheers!

Hey, I seem to have one of the weirdest issue.

It's been every-time I start the car after it sitting a while that my right side mirror (so passenger in my country) is in the wrong position. It seems to be extremely tilted to the extreme outside view of the car and it only happens when the car sits for a while. I haven't seen it move by itself after sitting in the car for 5 mins. Also want to mention that holding the "1" button to restore my profile doesn't move the mirror so the car *thinks* that the mirror is in the right position.

I thought that maybe someone was playing a prank on me but it happened when the car was parked somewhere else for a while too.

I have tried:
- a factory reset in the MMI but it doesn't seem to reset the car fully and the issue remains
- leaving the mirror knob on another position (like heating or adjusting left/right side mirror) and the issue remains
- completely changing the seats and mirror adjustments, saving to my profile on the adjustment manager and "recreating" my profile and the issue remains
- going to the extreme positions on the side mirror (fully up/down/right/left) as maybe it lost where the "center" is and the issue remains

I don't want to go to Audi for this as I can't really demonstrate the issue, is there anything I can do? Like reset some settings in another way or something else? I have got OBD11/VCDS if there is anything I can do in there. Cheers!
That is strange, what is a while ?.mine is left alone during the working week (5 to 6 days).
Only thing I can imagine is, if the car is left unattended for a long time, the electronics start to shut-down to conserve battery and causing a bit of randomness.

Reactions: LayZ_Pz
I've noticed mine goes out of position sometimes, but I've put it down to the fact that I always have it in the left position so it dips when I reverse. I've assumed I've been nudging it with my arm over a period of time until I notice it. It's a bit of a flawed design as it should dip in the up position so no accidental movement occurs.

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and LayZ_Pz
That is strange, what is a while ?.mine is left alone during the working week (5 to 6 days).
Only thing I can imagine is, if the car is left unattended for a long time, the electronics start to shut-down to conserve battery and causing a bit of randomness.n
I've noticed mine goes out of position sometimes, but I've put it down to the fact that I always have it in the left position so it dips when I reverse. I've assumed I've been nudging it with my arm over a period of time until I notice it. It's a bit of a flawed design as it should dip in the up position so no accidental movement occurs.
Last weekend it was really a few hours and it was already wrong... But yeah it's very much the car doing its own thing when it's "sleeping"

One thing though the car actually knows the mirror isn't in the right place, i was wrong about that.