Indicator stalk noise

Dada93

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone tell me if I’m bonkers or not here, because having owned a lot of cars, I’ve never had this noise.

When turning the wheel with the indicators on I’m getting quite audible clicks that sounds like it’s coming from the stalk. It happens literally as soon as I start turning and sounds like quite a cheap click.

Also happens when I put the left signal on and then turn the wheel right (I done this to see if I could recreate it) and vice versa with the right signal.

I seen a few forums on audi world and stuff talk about it, but nothing mega recent.

Car is a MY24 S3 BE.

Tested in a friends car and parents car which doesn’t do this. Both non Audi, and this is my first Audi.

Cheers all!

Hi all, can anyone tell me if I’m bonkers or not here, because having owned a lot of cars, I’ve never had this noise.

When turning the wheel with the indicators on I’m getting quite audible clicks that sounds like it’s coming from the stalk. It happens literally as soon as I start turning and sounds like quite a cheap click.

Also happens when I put the left signal on and then turn the wheel right (I done this to see if I could recreate it) and vice versa with the right signal.

I seen a few forums on audi world and stuff talk about it, but nothing mega recent.

Car is a MY24 S3 BE.

Tested in a friends car and parents car which doesn’t do this. Both non Audi, and this is my first Audi.

Cheers all!
My car doesn’t do this (21 plate A3).

Mine doesn't do this either, 21 plate A3 Sport trim with standard round steering wheel. Is yours flatbottom / fancy large one (that only comes with the 'full features')?