The forum is drowning in adverts

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I don't know what other folks are finding, but something has changed in the last week or so; whether I'm using phone, iPad or PC, the site is becoming borderline unuseable due to the proliferation of ads and pop-ups. I understand running the site is an expensive business, so ads are necessary and indeed have always a feature of the site for as long as I can remember. But it's never been like it is right now. Is it just me, or are others experiencing the same?

Reactions: Darren92
My browser is duck duck go which seems to stop ads like that. Don't have a problem with it perhaps because of that.

TX.

Im the same on my iPhone using safari. It’s happening on other websites/forums I use as well so not just ASN.
some good days and some days the ads are just covering up almost everything on screen with the smallest close button known to man.

Same issue here on iPhone. Lost count of how many times I’ve gone for the ‘x’ and clicked the advert. Becoming a real pain. Shame.

It does appear to be getting worse on my PC, iphone and tablet now.
To start with just a few random pop ups now its allmost consuming the whole ASN screen, not good.

It does appear to be getting worse on my PC, iphone and tablet now.
To start with just a few random pop ups now its allmost consuming the whole ASN screen, not good.
It’s odd. Not had any ads at all today on my iPhone. It’s not consistently bad. Just some of the times

Getting really bad and I refuse to use tapatalk which is probably just as bad nowadays.
They’re putting me off visiting some sites, including this one unfortunately

There has definitly been a change of late which started with the annoying message requesting that your ad blocking software was disabled so it would appear to be a concious decision to push adverts.

Fortunately most decent applications are able to negate this with no negative effect.

Yep, definitely seems to be getting worse. I’ve got pop up blocker active (iPhone/iPad) doesn’t seem to make a difference annoyingly