Boot Lid Compatability Check

DaveW23

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I had an unexpected interaction with a tree while I was parking my car last Sunday. As a result I require a replacement boot lid. I beleieve I have sourced one but my inexperience with understanding the finer points of Audi product knowledge and part numbers is causing me aprehension from committing to purchase the item.

May I seek advice from the forum members please and present a photo of my cars damaged boot lid and one of the car that is prepared to act as the donor should my car and the donor cars boot lid be compatble with mine.

Both cars are B7 Audi A4 Saloons 2.0 TDI S Line 170's. Mine is the damaged 56 and the donor is the 57.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0071_edit.jpg
    IMG_0071_edit.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • s-l1600_edit.jpg
    s-l1600_edit.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
You'll need to swap over boot catch or just lock barrel assembly so your key fits

As
Rob said straight swap aside
From the manual boot lock which is obviously unique to yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B7 saloon to B7 saloon yeah all the body panels are exactly the same...

Hi Everyone, Thanks for all of your feedback. I have secured the boot lid and it is in the process of being removed and prepared for my collection. Included with the item will be the lights, lock, Audi branded decals and interior boot lining.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Reactions: Gmac and northpole
Hi Everyone, I finally got round to collecting the boot lid on Sunday and I had it fitted this morning. Everything about the replacement went to plan with no hitches.
That's another issue crossed off.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Attachments

• replaced.JPG
    replaced.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Charlie Farley
Good stuff chap, Sometimes things do go to plan with Audi ownership, its rare but does happen. :yahoo: