Low MPG on A5 2.0tdi Quattro Stronic 2014?

AliRay

Reaction score
Hi All,
Bought a 2014 Audi A5 Black Edition 2.0tdi Quattro Auto and had a full service including fuel filter. Struggling to get decent mpg - sensible motorway 40mpg on screen, town 25mpg on screen. Got 400miles from a full tank of mostly sensible motorway miles - works out to be real 30mpg. Anyone else seeing the same or get more? Anything I can do to improve it? TIA

Is it defaulted to Dynamic/Sports mode?
Eco mode is no good, but set to auto, it should do better than that.
Siezed bake caliper perhaps would do it!

Don’t have an option to switch modes to efficiency/comfort etc so jus normal dynamic and sports. Front passenger caliper was sticking so had that replaced. Made no difference to mpg jus drove smoother

Hi All,
Bought a 2014 Audi A5 Black Edition 2.0tdi Quattro Auto and had a full service including fuel filter. Struggling to get decent mpg - sensible motorway 40mpg on screen, town 25mpg on screen. Got 400miles from a full tank of mostly sensible motorway miles - works out to be real 30mpg. Anyone else seeing the same or get more? Anything I can do to improve it? TIA
I wonder if it's had an Audi recall for the Emissions Fiddle.
If it has, it'll drink fuel and be slower.
Might be worth a Google, and ask the dealer to check on the system.
My colleague had this and it ruined his car!

I do have documents for recall 23Q7 which was for the emissions. If that was the problem is there anyways I can improve this?

Get it remapped mate. You won't look back !

i heard about this too, on a youtube video of a certain mechanic i follow
car had less power and much worse MPG after it was taken into the dealer so that they could install an updated map (something to do with the dieselgate emissions scandal)
the mechanic flashed the map one version before, so back to what it was before the recall, and it was fixed.

Reactions: Mickyh
i heard about this too, on a youtube video of a certain mechanic i follow
car had less power and much worse MPG after it was taken into the dealer so that they could install an updated map (something to do with the dieselgate emissions scandal)
the mechanic flashed the map one version before, so back to what it was before the recall, and it was fixed.
I’ve read that you can’t get the previous map back from Audi - any link to the video please ?

I’ve read that you can’t get the previous map back from Audi - any link to the video please ?
It would be a generic map.
Whenever a remap is done, the original map is always stored to cover future problems.
The original map will be easy to download. These cars are common as muck!

Reactions: AliRay
I have no idea what video it was but it was in Polish so it would be no use to you.

Yes the dealer legally can't revert the map so you'd have to go somewhere else.

I think the person in the video I mentioned was using a piece of software called autotuner, which is able to identify the ECU exactly, and has a database of factory maps to match that ECU, so it was easy to bring back the previous version of map that way.

I'd say your best bet is to call around local tuner shops and ask them, high chance you aren't the only one, and they have delt with the issue before.