Wing Mirror Q.

Aunty Jean

Reaction score
Bought my S1 Sportsback (2018) a couple of weeks ago and realise from searching these forums that I don't have automatic folding in mirrors but, can I manually fold the mirrors in? Did try but very stiff so don't want to break any mechanism.

They can be retrofitted, albeit expensive but possible, if you're interested ping me a WhatsApp for a price.

If they're very stiff, are you sure you don't have folding mirrors? Have a look on the car menu to see if there's an option to enable fold on lock and then the mirror switch needs to be in the correct position to fold on lock. Actually, post a pic of your mirror switch on the door, easiest way to tell :D

If they're very stiff, are you sure you don't have folding mirrors? Have a look on the car menu to see if there's an option to enable fold on lock and then the mirror switch needs to be in the correct position to fold on lock. Actually, post a pic of your mirror switch on the door, easiest way to tell :D
I checked that, there is only middle left or right. Also the passenger one doesn't dip when reverse parking. Think I have a low spec (Audi S1 2.0 TFSI Competition Sportback quattro)

I checked that, there is only middle left or right. Also the passenger one doesn't dip when reverse parking. Think I have a low spec (Audi S1 2.0 TFSI Competition Sportback quattro)
And heat surely? Oh well. I thought mirror dip was standard for MY18. It needs to be set to the left hand mirror for this to work and you have to set it up (details in the manual). I have a late 2017 Competition with foldy mirrors. Got a pic of your car?

And heat surely? Oh well. I thought mirror dip was standard for MY18. It needs to be set to the left hand mirror for this to work and you have to set it up (details in the manual). I have a late 2017 Competition with foldy mirrors. Got a pic of your car?
Yes, they are heated.
S l1600 2
S l1600 1

Reactions: iLikefishing
So, can anyone answer my question please? Do the wing mirrors fold back manually or would I break them trying?

So, can anyone answer my question please? Do the wing mirrors fold back manually or would I break them trying?
Yes, they manually fold, they will feel a bit stiff as there's a tight spring/resistance to stop them wobbling when driving.

Reactions: Sandra and Aunty Jean
on the mirrors topic. my passenger side mirror is a bit blurry (foggy) and doesn't have the heated line element like the drivers side. So I'm wondering if the glass has been replaced at some point with non-OEM. Can anyone confirm if their passenger side mirror has the heated element or is only drivers side. mine's a 2017

on the mirrors topic. my passenger side mirror is a bit blurry (foggy) and doesn't have the heated line element like the drivers side. So I'm wondering if the glass has been replaced at some point with non-OEM. Can anyone confirm if their passenger side mirror has the heated element or is only drivers side. mine's a 2017
Both should be heated.

Reactions: allycooke