S3 lights

S3GCN

Reaction score
hi all

I have just returned to an S3, after leaving one for a stupid purchase of an AMG A35 and then quickly swapping that for an RSQ3. I have just picked up a 15 month old S3 Vorsprung.

I think that the previous owner has had some coding done to the car, as it ‘chirps’ on lock/unlock, which I find quite annoying.

That for me wondering whether the lights have been messed with as well. When getting in the car it pings and says the sidelights are on, and rear lights are always turned on. Is this normal or have the lights been coded?
I am sure that on my RSQ3 there was a setting to just have the DRL’s on then sidelights we’re separate. I am not sure that there is such a setting on this S3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

hi all

I have just returned to an S3, after leaving one for a stupid purchase of an AMG A35 and then quickly swapping that for an RSQ3. I have just picked up a 15 month old S3 Vorsprung.

I think that the previous owner has had some coding done to the car, as it ‘chirps’ on lock/unlock, which I find quite annoying.

That for me wondering whether the lights have been messed with as well. When getting in the car it pings and says the sidelights are on, and rear lights are always turned on. Is this normal or have the lights been coded?
I am sure that on my RSQ3 there was a setting to just have the DRL’s on then sidelights we’re separate. I am not sure that there is such a setting on this S3.

Thanks

Gary
Assuming that the S3 behaves similarly to the A3 is this regard: that’s not normal. In an uncoded car the rear lights are only on at night. During the daytime, it’s front DRLs only and no messages about lights at start up (day or night). .

Assuming that the S3 behaves similarly to the A3 is this regard: that’s not normal. In an uncoded car the rear lights are only on at night. During the daytime, it’s front DRLs only and no messages about lights at start up (day or night). .
Thanks for your reply.
That’s what I had suspected, that it should just drl’s in daylight. On mine the lower portion lights just above the bumper are lit all the time.

I think I’m going to try to get them back to ‘factory’ settings.

Sounds like they have activated Scandinavian DRLs and the lock/ unlock acoustic conformation. If you have OBD11 or know someone who does it’s a very easy 5 minute job

hi all

Thanks

Gary
The previous owner has enabled the lock/unlock chirp and set the rear DRL’s to permanent. They’ve done this using a OBD App type device. I’ve done the same things to mine haha!

You may find the rear lights also sweep on unlock, which isn’t a standard feature.

To turn it all back off, you’ll need an OBD device. I highly doubt Audi would touch it

The previous owner has enabled the lock/unlock chirp and set the rear DRL’s to permanent. They’ve done this using a OBD App type device. I’ve done the same things to mine haha!

You may find the rear lights also sweep on unlock, which isn’t a standard feature.

To turn it all back off, you’ll need an OBD device. I highly doubt Audi would touch it
I don’t have an OBD device but know of someone who does coding so I’ve had the factory settings restored. Not having the chirp on lock/unlock suits me better.
Perhaps I might have been premature with the lights as I liked the sweep on unlock, but I did find the ‘lights on’ warning bings annoying every time I got in the car. I didn’t realise the light sweep was part of that. Does yours make the lights on warning noise?

I don’t have an OBD device but know of someone who does coding so I’ve had the factory settings restored. Not having the chirp on lock/unlock suits me better.
Perhaps I might have been premature with the lights as I liked the sweep on unlock, but I did find the ‘lights on’ warning bings annoying every time I got in the car. I didn’t realise the light sweep was part of that. Does yours make the lights on warning noise?
No it doesn't, but then they're always set on auto. The previous owner might've changed that through coding?

No it doesn't, but then they're always set on auto. The previous owner might've changed that through coding?
Maybe, but I had mine on auto and it gave the warning when the door was open which was annoying. When the guy who put it back to factory plugged his laptop in he told me the car know that changes had been made to the light operation, whatever that means, perhaps the previous owner didn’t know what he was doing and made the light stay on a different way to how you have done it.

Even when the lights were set on auto it showed the sidelight icon on the dash during the day indicating that they were lit all the time, as if it was set with the sidelights permanently on. The dash also showed the lights on warning when the ignition was turned on or off.