Glacier white vs normal white (forgot the name)

Jason1987

Reaction score
If I want a white s3, is it worth paying the extra for glacier white or is the free, standard white just as good?

I had the standard white on my previous car. I really liked how the white color suits the design of the car, but didn't want my new car to look exactly the same as the old one, so I considered the Glacier white instead. But on a showroom car the metallic shine was barely detectable, you had to look very close to notice the metallic flakes. I thought it wasn't worth the money, so I chose the metallic black instead. I've seen some Glacier white ones in brighter daylight, where it looks great and somehow more special than the standard white, but I'm still not sure about the extra price. Maybe if I was ordering again now, I'd go with the Glacier, since black seems to demand even more care than white.

I had the standard white on my previous car. I really liked how the white color suits the design of the car, but didn't want my new car to look exactly the same as the old one, so I considered the Glacier white instead. But on a showroom car the metallic shine was barely detectable, you had to look very close to notice the metallic flakes. I thought it wasn't worth the money, so I chose the metallic black instead. I've seen some Glacier white ones in brighter daylight, where it looks great and somehow more special than the standard white, but I'm still not sure about the extra price. Maybe if I was ordering again now, I'd go with the Glacier, since black seems to demand even more care than white.
In my head the standard white wouldnt wax up nice and shiney as it’s matte? lol but I’m sure it does?

I've had a ibis white S3 and a glacier white S3 I preferred the glacier white out of the two

I’ve a Glacier white A3 and I get lots of compliments how it suits the car and shines, I’m just about to swap it for a Daytona grey but I’m kinda wishing I’d stuck with the white

I’ve a Glacier white A3 and I get lots of compliments how it suits the car and shines, I’m just about to swap it for a Daytona grey but I’m kinda wishing I’d stuck with the white
You won't be disappointed with Daytona - It's a lovely colour ( I had an 8V S3) and easy to clean

Reactions: AdamInKent and SamB2020
I have the glacier white and I would say its neutral white, while the ibis in my eyes is a bit warmer. Other than that, glacier is metallic, while ibis is simple.
From my point of view glacier white is worth the price difference

Wife used to have a glacier white S3. Looked great with black pack.

TX.
d4b8d15e739018d27c64f60f20251a60.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's the same paint,but my Cupra Born had "Glacial White" metallic and I was mildly disappointed in it. Its a nice shade of white (Ibis looks a little "creamier"), but it really doesn't look metallic at all IMO.

I went for the free Ibis white with my a3, was worried it was going to be a very yellowish white but was v happy with it when it turned up….looks shiny when washed :—)

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpeg
    IMG_0826.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0827.jpeg
    IMG_0827.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 149
Reactions: JKP, Saral, helicopter_red and 1 other person
I have a glacier s3 and I can see the metallic flake in it when it’s clean and sunny but I wouldn’t pay extra if I was buying new. It was a used one with 5k miles

I have a glacier s3 and I can see the metallic flake in it when it’s clean and sunny but I wouldn’t pay extra if I was buying new. It was a used one with 5k miles
I could only see the flake when I was about 2" away from the car's surface - the flake seems incredibly fine. It is a whiter white than Ibis.

I went for the free Ibis white with my a3, was worried it was going to be a very yellowish white but was v happy with it when it turned up….looks shiny when washed :—)
It's a looker alright! I don't really see the point in the glacier white, paying extra for pretty much the same color. A solid paint will always be easier to maintain, easier and cheaper to repair any scratches, and will look at least 90% as nice as the metallic version.

Reactions: cameron1975me
I have the Ibis White because i had no budget left, so had to compromise on something, so it ended up being the colour of my car.
I'm really pleased with it and it is way better than the zero cost associated with it.
@cameron1975me I really wanted those wheels too but had to compromise on them as well, those wheels really look nice on the white car!
The standard ones a fairly decent but are a nightmare to keep clean on the inside.

I have had Ibis white before and been more than happy with it...I also love those wheels