How many keys?

Statiker

Reaction score
A strange question I know but, how many keys did you receive with your new A3? I've read online that Audi now only provide a single key. Is this really true?

Not for me, I picked my S3 up a couple of weeks ago and got 2 keys with it

A strange question I know but, how many keys did you receive with your new A3? I've read online that Audi now only provide a single key. Is this really true?
We got one key with our RSQ3 in Aug 22 and had to wait more than 6 months for the 2nd one.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Had 16 VAG cars from new and always received 2 keys. Are cars shipping with 1 due to parts shortages?

Not for me, I picked my S3 up a couple of weeks ago and got 2 keys with it

Can you post a pic of your S3 key, front and back?

Looking to see if it's the same design as our Cupra Born. It has a release for the key blade that's very easily pressed, lost a key body as a result and bought key skins to cover that release button. Wondering if they'll fit the S3 keys

Had 16 VAG cars from new and always received 2 keys. Are cars shipping with 1 due to parts shortages?
That is what we were told. Better for Audi to supply more cars with one key than less with 2 eg they don't or didn't have enough keys at that time.

TX.

Reactions: monkeyhanger
That is what we were told. Better for Audi to supply more cars with one key than less with 2 eg they don't or didn't have enough keys at that time.

TX.

As long as the second key is sent eventually and you don't lose the one you have in the meantime, that's fine. Given that a replacement key for my Cupra Born was £187 + £115 coding, I'd definitely expect that 2nd key eventually.

Reactions: Terminator x
Got 2 keys, quite difficult to push the tab to release, key blade. Not so difficult to replace fob battery yourself. For me after 1 year both needed replacement even though used both keys for 6 months each

Can you post a pic of your S3 key, front and back?

Looking to see if it's the same design as our Cupra Born. It has a release for the key blade that's very easily pressed, lost a key body as a result and bought key skins to cover that release button. Wondering if they'll fit the S3 keys
Two keys, they are iqual
20230410 130226

20230410 130214

20230410 130310

They look nothing like the current Cupra/VW keys, so my skins won't fit them. They are the same format keys as my 2019 A4 had, and I agree, tge blade key requires a much harder/deeper button press. Should be no worries about it accidentally pinging off like the Cupra body did when it was lost.

I have had my car for two years now; I carry a set of keys with me pretty much every day and I have never had a problem with the key accidentally falling out.
The current VW/Cupra key design has a really easy to press blade key release. The Audi key is a lot better in that respect. Never lost a car key ever until that Cupra key. I'd had a few near misses with that key type separating in my pocket. The silicone skins I'm now using make tge release button difficult to press.