A3 2016 8V Sportback Rear Wiper Issue

Reaction score
I have a 2016 8V Audi A3 and my rear wiper motor stopped working, so I bought a replacement and now the jets work but the wiper arm doesn't.

I thought maybe it was the fuses to start but everything else front and back works, the wires look good and the washers work now.

I've tightened up the nut as tight as it will go without me worring about breaking anything, what else could be the issue.

I've contacted the seller and awaiting a response, the add said fully functional and tested.

Could the arm itself need replacing?

Thanks in advance

David

I have a 2016 8V Audi A3 and my rear wiper motor stopped working, so I bought a replacement and now the jets work but the wiper arm doesn't.

I thought maybe it was the fuses to start but everything else front and back works, the wires look good and the washers work now.

I've tightened up the nut as tight as it will go without me worring about breaking anything, what else could be the issue.

I've contacted the seller and awaiting a response, the add said fully functional and tested.

Could the arm itself need replacing?

Thanks in advance

David
From memory the rear wiper has its own fuse so could still be that if you haven’t checked it, the fronts etc are on a different circuit/fuse

From memory the rear wiper has its own fuse so could still be that if you haven’t checked it, the fronts etc are on a different circuit/fuse
Hey Jimbo,

Yeah checked the fuse it looked good but replaced it anyway. Still nothing, so I checked I was getting power to the motor. Unplugged the power cable and checked it. There are 4 power connectors in the plug, persumably to control the speed of the wiper, the outer two have power when I connect the voltage tool, the inner two don't.

I was speaking to a mate who has suggested wiggling the inner cables and seeing if the power comes on, if so looks like I may have damaged cables. So gonna try that tomorrow after work.

I'll keep you posted

Ok try this switch on the rear wiper and gently coax it to move if it moves bar it slowly the mechanism inside has probably getting seized up via water leak the wiper motors are around £!20 to £!80 new