What coolant?

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
Haven't driven my car in the past 2 months

Got in today and it needs coolant apparently and I need to take it to Audi!

Anyways, I went to Halfords as I have vouchers only to be told, they don't have coolant for RS3!

So are you guys getting stuff from Audi? Or?

Thanks in advance.

Haven't driven my car in the past 2 months

Got in today and it needs coolant apparently and I need to take it to Audi!

Anyways, I went to Halfords as I have vouchers only to be told, they don't have coolant for RS3!

So are you guys getting stuff from Audi? Or?

Thanks in advance.

ce3c0b3b6ac2eb494f8435dca24e882d.jpg

Volkswagen Group Ready mix coolant G12E050A2 replaces G013A8JM1 https://amzn.eu/d/esDgPmN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IanL-RS3
G12+ or G13 is pretty standard, funny as G13 superseded back to G12, but yes get from audi, I always do.

G12+ or G13 is pretty standard, funny as G13 superseded back to G12, but yes get from audi, I always do.
I think there is a lot to do with the cars with silica bags and the interaction of G13 with some tap waters (as opposed to proper de-ionised water) Isnt G12evo ready mixed for that reason?

Thank you very much

That's been purchased.

I bought from same seller a few months back when I changed the Golf 7 heater matrix, no complaints and it arrived quickly.

Just went out to top up the coolant and it's actually above the max line by a little bit!. Weird

Just went out to top up the coolant and it's actually above the max line by a little bit!. Weird

A soon as you open the cap the level goes up. Happened to me on my polo and RS3.

Pressurised system so you’ll get this happening.

A soon as you open the cap the level goes up. Happened to me on my polo and RS3.

Yeah, I read that on some other threads, but it's still warning me every other start.
I'm loathe to take it to Audi for stuff like this, but I guess I'll have to do that.

Reactions: kayemill
How long have you had the car?

It shouldn't ever need coolant... so more to the point, where did it go!?

How long have you had the car?

It shouldn't ever need coolant... so more to the point, where did it go!?
Sep 2022. 2500 miles (2 trips to London).

It hasn't gone anywhere. It's actually above the max point now. It may have been below that before I opened the lid (as reported by others in other threads) but I didn't notice. But even with it above its still flagging up as needing me up visit Audi every other drive.

Had another look today.... Pretty obvious culprit.

Attachments

• PXL_20230324_152900703.jpg
    PXL_20230324_152900703.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 119
  • Wow
Reactions: JamesOff and 8YARWY
Looks like something else going on two inches up the wire where it bands to the right.

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and Daggerit
Looks like something else going on two inches up the wire where it bands to the right.
You're right. Looks like something might've been having a nibble to see what the cables taste like...

I need to get some coolant for topping up and was going to use the helpful link above.

Before I do, does anyone know the difference between G12E050A2 and G12E050M2, which comes in a silver bottle, is also ready mixed and works to -35 but is about twice the price?

I need to get some coolant for topping up and was going to use the helpful link above.

Before I do, does anyone know the difference between G12E050A2 and G12E050M2, which comes in a silver bottle, is also ready mixed and works to -35 but is about twice the price?

Buy this job done.

Volkswagen Group Ready mix coolant G12E050A2 replaces G013A8JM1 https://amzn.eu/d/4LAeBwo