Air filter bypass valve

Audiforlife

Reaction score
Done a service today on my 2012 a4 avant 177 and noticed that one of the wires to the bypass valve had snapped near the plug. What is the purpose of the bypass flap (n275)? Is it something I need to fix ASAP.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Are you referencing the one going to the bypass valve in the bottom of the airbox? On 3.0TDI engines it opens at 3KRPM to allow more air in. If faulty or unplugged has been known to throw a fault code, though I don't remember clearly whether it caused limp mode or not. It's good to have this functional as it allows more air in when needed and expected by the engine. You can do what is called a 'delete' of this by simply removing the circular flap at the bottom and leave the unit plugged in, to which you get more air allowed into the air box at lower revs, and is a safe mod - unless you pressure wash your engine at any point ;)

Reactions: Audiforlife
Are you referencing the one going to the bypass valve in the bottom of the airbox? On 3.0TDI engines it opens at 3KRPM to allow more air in. If faulty or unplugged has been known to throw a fault code, though I don't remember clearly whether it caused limp mode or not. It's good to have this functional as it allows more air in when needed and expected by the engine. You can do what is called a 'delete' of this by simply removing the circular flap at the bottom and leave the unit plugged in, to which you get more air allowed into the air box at lower revs, and is a safe mod - unless you pressure wash your engine at any point ;)
I've read that on the 3.0 tdi but mine is a 2.0 not sure if it's the same? Anyhow I've ordered a new plug

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk