EGR Delete / DPF Issues

audia6uk

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I had an EGR issue so I took it (2012 A6) somewhere locally and they deleted it in the ECU (Well reviewed performance place), issue sorted. All errors gone and car driving nicely.

Yesterday I was driving normally on the bypass and the DPF light came on and said "Particulate Filter : System Fault". The car isn't in limp mode or anything like that. I have a basic Bluetooth dongle and Torque Pro isn't detecting any errors at all.

I have been down the Motorway today and was sat at about 60 in 4th and over 2.5k revs for about half an hour.

I have been in touch with the place and they have said they can force the regen via the software for £60 and that the issue isn't related to the EGR Delete. Will that sort it or will it just keep coming back?

Have got some Redex DPF cleaner coming today, no harm in seeing if running that through helps.

DPF issue unrealated but requires EGR to function properly.

They closed the EGR and deleted it (it's still there but closed).

They have said they didn't touch DPF and it's unrelated.

They closed the EGR and deleted it (it's still there but closed).

They have said they didn't touch DPF and it's unrelated.

sorry I amended my post, I read too quickly and assumed it was removed at the same time.

DPF needs the egr to function correctly so it’s tried to do a regen and part of the system is missing hence the error.

They said that the DPF should be able to regen even without EGR?
So assuming that, they won't even be able to force a regen?

Sorry to be ignorant, but what kind of EGR issues was you experiencing that you felt the need to map/block it out? I have a 2014 A6 Avant Diesel. I used to have no end of problems with my DPF light and all that kind of rubbish. Most people claim that DPF issues (not regenerating, blockages) stem from the EGR as that gets blocked. So it would be interesting to know what issues etc you were having prior to getting that done.

I haven't had any DPF or EGR related issues for some time now (knocks on wood). A lot of these issues depend on how you drive the car. IMO diesels for city driving, shopping, kids to school etc are useless if you don't take them on the motorway often enough.

EGRs can get blocked up with the SCR or AdBlue crystals that get left behind. I'm no expert with these issues but I have had several year's worth of experience with them while fighting my own car's issues.

If I'm wrong, which I might be - I'm sure someone knows better, but this is my experience with it.

Have had somebody have a look today, they have had it plugged in.

Turns out it's the Thermostat, it's just not getting up to 90 so he thinks the Thermostat is stuck open.