Rattling on idle

Dimitris1911

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an a3 8y with the 1.0 Tfsi engine, s-tronic with only 6000 km and today when I parked I noticed a strange noise while on idle. When revving this rattling noise stops.. I opened the engine bay but it doesn’t look like it’s coming from there.. any ideas? Should I be worried?

Myself I also have a 30TFSI A3, and previously a near identical 1.0TSI 110 on a Seat Ibiza, and no I haven't heard this 'mini jackhammer' like sound. Yes it's a bit rattly espcially on cold start, but it disappears. Though generally my engine wouldn't be on, while I'm outside the car having a listen. Woud you say it's similar to this video?

Hello everyone, I have an a3 8y with the 1.0 Tfsi engine, s-tronic with only 6000 km and today when I parked I noticed a strange noise while on idle. When revving this rattling noise stops.. I opened the engine bay but it doesn’t look like it’s coming from there.. any ideas? Should I be worried?

I have the same engine , It's normal cause It's a 1L 3 cylinder engine

Can you send your instagram or any platform that i can contact you