Please replace key fob battery

Ludus

Reaction score
Has anybody had to do this on their 8Y yet? Just got a warning today to replace my key fob battery, the car is a little over 1 year old… surely they aren’t only supposed to last a year? I’ve never had to replace a key fob battery in any of my cars before let alone and brand new one, doesn’t seem right to me.

Has anybody had to do this on their 8Y yet? Just got a warning today to replace my key fob battery, the car is a little over 1 year old… surely they aren’t only supposed to last a year? I’ve never had to replace a key fob battery in any of my cars before let alone and brand new one, doesn’t seem right to me.
I've had mine two years now, had to replace after a year, and then a few days after two years old had to replace again, so a years life for the battery seems to be what it is!

Replaced mine at year 1 and pretty much to the year it came up again - The car knows when it's been changed and just brings it up again I'm convinced of that - I know modern keys do a lot more work but even so

I
I've had mine two years now, had to replace after a year, and then a few days after two years old had to replace again, so a years life for the battery seems to be what it is!
I guess as the car can't run without power in the key, it's preventative maintenance to make sure the battery is always optimum and you're not left stranded not being able to drive the car.

I

I guess as the car can't run without power in the key, it's preventative maintenance to make sure the battery is always optimum and you're not left stranded not being able to drive the car.
The car can run without power in the key. When my key fob battery failed (with the result that I had to use the physical key to open the door) I was still able to start the car (I had to hold the key close to the NFC reader in the cup holder, IIRC).

The car can run without power in the key. When my key fob battery failed (with the result that I had to use the physical key to open the door) I was still able to start the car (I had to hold the key close to the NFC reader in the cup holder, IIRC).
Did the alarm trigger when you used the physical keys?

Thank you, I stand corrected, perhaps just to prevent an inconvenience!

Reactions: AdamInKent