Rear bumper removal

petewon

Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the rear bumper on a 3 door 8P? Ive removed the 2 bolts in the boot, the 2 bolts under the light clusters, the 3 bolts in the wheel arches and the 2 bolts in the bottom of the bumper.

Ive had a look at elaswin and thats all it mentions, it feels like its being held somewhere else just above the wheel arch.

Any ideas, am I missing something?

Cheers :)

Think I had the same problem and spent about an hour studying elsa win and the bumper! In the end I just got ****** off and just yanked the ******* off!

As far as i remember there are a series of clips above the wheel gaurd and the only way is to gently pull away from car. But be carefull as once it comes away you obviously have to adjust your grip to hold the bumper!

It may be the same as the front bumper. At the very top of the bumper in the wheel arch peel it back and there may be a small clip. It has a centre pin which needs to be pushed out before the main clip will come out of the hole. They're hard to spot at first.

Also the front bumper has 2 bolts holding it on which took me about 30 minutes to find as someone told me there weren't any bolts. Maybe it's the same for the back.

Reactions: maddrick92
Cheers peps, Ill try and find the clips, if not Ill go for brute force :)

Ta

petewon said:
Cheers peps, Ill try and find the clips, if not Ill go for brute force :)

Ta

:faint: DON'T DO IT! You'll probably find that it won't come off for a reason, you just haven't seen it yet.

Petewon

Just to confirm from my experience and also from looking on Elsa you have identified all the fixing bolts.

Your next step is to pull the side of the bumper cover upwards and to the side to enable the bumper to come away from the guides/clips that are positioned above the wheel arch, Then lever over the wheel housing. Obviously one side at a time then hey presto!

So using force is the only way I'm afraid!

Hello, you have forgotten to undo the two 10mm nuts located deep inside the rear panel. These are located under two round blanks (same style as the ones removed for undoing the rear lights).
You will need a box spanner for these, as the thread is too long for sockets.
Tip! fill the end of the box spanner with grease, to hold the nut. If you drop the nuts, you will never see them again!

Ok cheers for the advice folks. Anyone managed to fit an S-line lower bumper to their standard bumper? Mine seems like it doesnt fit propertly.

ScottTDI: Yeah I got them out mate, did manage to lose one in the process though. :(