ECU box reseal

DJseth

Reaction score
I may have posted in the wrong section, if so I am sorry. Here is my issue...

Hi All.
Happy New Year! I could really use some help. I have water in my drivers side footwell on my 2009 Audi S4 Cabriolet. I does look like the issue now is a leaking ECU box. I have lifted the scuttle plate, gotten the top of the box off, and have all 3 bolts off the box to body mounts. How do I get the box out to seal with the wiper linkage in the way? I cannot see how it would ever lift off the mounting studs AND clear the wiper linkage. Please help!!!

Thank you!

Not sure if this helps. Video isn’t great and it’s US, so ECU is on right hand side. But its a B8 S4.

Remove both the rubber drainage grommets in the plenum chamber.

Not sure if this helps. Video isn’t great and it’s US, so ECU is on right hand side. But its a B8 S4.

Remove both the rubber drainage grommets in the plenum chamber.

Hey Spartacus, Not the same year, but I really do appreciate your assistance! I found yet another video on this subject (LLOL) and it shows you just remove 3 Wiper transmission mounting bolts, 1 holding down drivers wiper stub (10MM) 1 to the left of the ECM box with a grey thick plastic washer (10MM) and one at the passenger wiper stub (10MM) and the linkage moves up more than enough to get the box off the mount. I do STRONGLY suggest, removing the 3 harnesses and one red power wire that go thru the box to the body as they restrict the box al great deal. Hope this helps someone else!

Reactions: spartacus 68