Suspension Knuckle? Allroad/Avant/Saloon

S-Rob

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've got an A4 Allroad 3.0TDI. It needs a new driver side (right) suspension knuckle. Current one has a crack.

Can anyone tell me the part number and if the knuckle is the same for non-Allroad Avant's and even the saloon?

Hoping to source a used genuine knuckle but not sure if I need one from an Allroad specifically.

Think that part is used over a variety of A4s, FWD and Quattro. Your best bet is to call Audi main dealer for confirmation. Around about £200+ on Autodoc for German supplier. I get 4G0407254A and 8K0407254AB from a search on mine 2.0TDI Allroad (177PS).

Do you know what caused the crack?

Reactions: S-Rob
Think that part is used over a variety of A4s, FWD and Quattro. Your best bet is to call Audi main dealer for confirmation. Around about £200+ on Autodoc for German supplier. I get 4G0407254A and 8K0407254AB from a search on mine 2.0TDI Allroad (177PS).

Do you know what caused the crack?
Garage cracked it at the top when changing the arms. Thanks for the info

Reactions: audiwaterpump and spartacus 68
Find out which P/N knuckle you need, if its 8K0407254AB I have one you can have just pay postage. I ordered it for my old A4 from Autodoc but got the wrong one so had to get another one.

Reactions: S-Rob and spartacus 68
Gave Audi a call and they confirmed the part number 8K0407254AB. They did mention that it has now been superseded 8K0407254R by my assumption would be that "AB" would still fit. Being that my car is 13 year old, new revision wouldn't be surprising.

Find out which P/N knuckle you need, if its 8K0407254AB I have one you can have just pay postage. I ordered it for my old A4 from Autodoc but got the wrong one so had to get another one.
That would be great and very much appreciated thank you!

Reactions: EXSpartan36
I think the only difference is the ball joint sizes the b8's are M12 and the b8.5's were M14 thread

No problem. I will dig it out tomorrow evening and sort a courier. DM me your address.

@Hangn says the difference are the thread sizes. The one I have is the M14 version so if you wanted to double check with the garage you can.

Reactions: spartacus 68
No problem. I will dig it out tomorrow evening and sort a courier. DM me your address.

@Hangn says the difference are the thread sizes. The one I have is the M14 version so if you wanted to double check with the garage you can.
Coincidentally, I had the car fitted with new arms (hence how the knuckle cracked). Turned out the arm I bought and supplied was the wrong ball joint. I still have that arm, so I have both either M12 on the car and M14 in a box somewhere or vice versa. I should be sorted either way!

I don't seem to have the option to DM. Must not have enough activity or what not to unlock it.

20230110 192747

Reactions: spartacus 68 and S-Rob
Isn't the garage going to pay for it?
Nope they did not. In the end it wasn't a problem, I hit a curb and pulled the tie rod out of the knuckle. Thanks to @EXSpartan36 I had the knuckle ready waiting and decided to tackle the rebuild myself. Glad to say it was a success. My front suspension has been completely refreshed and the car is serving me well. (Although it needs a CV joint now and maybe a wheel bearing. Oh and lets not talk about the DMF thats making noise.)