Help Please DSG gearbox repair carried out but software runs really jerky?

cyhliu

Reaction score
So after having a truck take out the rear quarter of my car at the beginning of the year, then my gearbox and thermostat failing in Sept to skidding on ice in Dec, taking out my front near side headlight and bumper, wing and bonnet…

I have a question about the DSG repair kit and adaption software. The dealer fixed the gearbox with the repair kit and had to reprogram the TCU. It certainly runs better than before (where I didn’t have the odd gears available!) but now I find that setting off it takes a while to engage and then all of a sudden finds the biting point and shoots off, breaking my neck and whoever else is in the car!

I’ve noticed that also when slowing down, when approaching a roundabout say, in third gear and then I set off applying gas, it takes a while before I feel any drive to the wheels still in third gear, like it should really drop down to second and then back up to third when I get up to speed.

Doing a 3 point turn is painfully slow and results in the jerkiness described above and also the car rolls back whereas it never did before.

So I have called the dealer to complain but they have told me that it will take some time for the TCU software to ‘adapt’ and that I should just monitor it for the next few months.

Does anyone have a similar experience and did the software adapt/improve after some time?

Just doesn’t feel like how my car was prior to the repair and I just feel like I no longer can trust it as it doesn’t seem to act how I would expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after having a truck take out the rear quarter of my car at the beginning of the year, then my gearbox and thermostat failing in Sept to skidding on ice in Dec, taking out my front near side headlight and bumper, wing and bonnet…

I have a question about the DSG repair kit and adaption software. The dealer fixed the gearbox with the repair kit and had to reprogram the TCU. It certainly runs better than before (where I didn’t have the odd gears available!) but now I find that setting off it takes a while to engage and then all of a sudden finds the biting point and shoots off, breaking my neck and whoever else is in the car!

I’ve noticed that also when slowing down, when approaching a roundabout say, in third gear and then I set off applying gas, it takes a while before I feel any drive to the wheels still in third gear, like it should really drop down to second and then back up to third when I get up to speed.

Doing a 3 point turn is painfully slow and results in the jerkiness described above and also the car rolls back whereas it never did before.

So I have called the dealer to complain but they have told me that it will take some time for the TCU software to ‘adapt’ and that I should just monitor it for the next few months.

Does anyone have a similar experience and did the software adapt/improve after some time?

Just doesn’t feel like how my car was prior to the repair and I just feel like I no longer can trust it as it doesn’t seem to act how I would expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must say mine is a bit like this. It takes a second to decide to engage and if you've put your foot down thinking its not going, then it shoots. I've got used to it now and I just take a sec when moving off to apply the accelerator after engaging gear. Its not not every time but does it sometimes. I looked this up when I first got the car and there are many people saying this is normal for these DSGs, particularly the earlier B8 versions.

The dealer is taking rubbish, it doesn't take months to adapt, so that part you can definitely ignore.

On another note I had issues like this years ago in a day, it turned out to be a timing issue after the garage I bought a car of fitted the new belt & bad timing, once redone it was perfect at pulling away whereas before with took seconds to decide.